We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Passport requirements for Morocco

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Passport requirements for Morocco

I am traveling with my partner to Morocco in 7 days, after we dug out her passport we noticed that it expires April 2014. Went to Thomson, they were useless, 'don't like to comment'. My partner has a Latvian passport whereas I hold a UK one. Checked on Gov.uk, they say it needs to be valid for the duration of your visit, does this apply to EU passports too? I phoned Moroccan Embassy London and asked there, he said it would be fine. He said '3months would be more than enough'. Just wanted to ask has anybody had any problems with a similar situation? Cheers.

Chris.

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
1. Re: Passport requirements for Morocco

It is not the Gov.uk site which determines the term of validity but the Moroccan Govt.

Opinions vary on this but I still hold with the belief that the passport should be valid for at least 6 months prior to travel.

Others will agree that the passport only need to be valid for the duration of your stay.

I don't think there will be a solution to this puzzle in the meantime.

Have you thought of checking posts using the search box above the forum posts for "passport validity" and then contacting people who were in the same situation to see how they fared?

Edited: 5:05 am, November 04, 2013
2. Re: Passport requirements for Morocco

Yes I think I will look into that. I spoke to Moroccan embassy and the told me 3 months is more than enough. The '6 month rule' does not apply everywhere according to Thomson. Places like Spain and Greece do not have this rule I was told today, surely if there was a 6 month rule the Moroccan Embassy would have known about it? He even said 'enjoy your holiday'.

Thanks for your reply.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 36
3. Re: Passport requirements for Morocco

This 'three month rule' has been copied from place to place and nobody can determine the original source, it's a bit like the advice that you should drink eight glasses of water per day.

The Moroccan Government's own website used to have an English-language page that stated passports only need to be valid for the duration of the visit. Your phone call to the embassy has confirmed this.

Relax.

4. Re: Passport requirements for Morocco

Yeah, you see the different info, 'it's 6 months' no 'it's 3 months' lol.

Haven't noticed anybody that have posted the same problem on here been refused entry into Morocco.

Cheers

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 105
5. Re: Passport requirements for Morocco

Shouldn't be a problem. They are more interested in making sure your passport doesn't expire while you are in the country. While six months would be preferable, I seriously doubt they will say anything at three months.

6. Re: Passport requirements for Morocco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, November 06, 2014