We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Spain from Morocci

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
reviews: 1
Ferry to Spain from Morocci

Hi,

I am taking a train from Fez to Tangier and arriving at Tangier at 12.30 p.m. I am trying to time my ferry booking from Tangier to Spain (Algeciras) because my train from Algeciras back to Madrid is at 3.03 or 3.55 p.m. depending on which company I go with.

There seem to be two ferry departure locations, Tangier and Tangier-Med. Which one is closer to the railway station in Tangier? How long does it take to get from the Tangier railway station to Tangier-Med? And how much should the taxi cost?

What is the fastest way to get from Algeciras to Madrid?

Thank you

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 40
1. Re: Ferry to Spain from Morocci

If you search the Tanger forum there's a shuttle bus service to Tanger Med. Don't forget Spain is on a different time zone.

Vancouver, Canada
2. Re: Ferry to Spain from Morocci

I don't want to discourage you but I can say there is no way you could catch the train from Algeciras even if you plan to take the one that departs at 3:55pm.

If you arrive at Tangier at 12:30pm (Moroccan trains are not punctual so allow at least a buffer time of 30mins), you'll have two options: taking the ferry to Tarifa from Tangier's port (I checked with FRS there's no ferry that suits your plans), or taking a bus to Tangier MED port (40km away from downtown tangier) and it takes roughly 45mins to get you there, in this case you'll miss the ferry that will drop you off at Algeciras on time for your Madrid train.

To sum up, either arrive at Tangiers earlier or postpone your journey to Madrid if you don't have something urgent to do there.

3. Re: Ferry to Spain from Morocci

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:41 pm, October 30, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
4. Re: Ferry to Spain from Morocci

The only punctual one is the shuttle line Kenitra-Casablanca, for other destinations my experience as a Moroccan taught me that one should not expect to be on time when taking long-haul trains (i.e. the ones that go to Fes, Tangier, Marrakesh and Oujda).

5. Re: Ferry to Spain from Morocci

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:41 pm, October 30, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
6. Re: Ferry to Spain from Morocci

Well what if I tell you that I missed my flight last summer from Marrakech simply because the train I took from Casablanca suddenly stopped in the middle of nowhere for nearly 45mins before resuming the journey.

My preference for moving within Morocco always go to comfortable coaches (CTM, Supratours..) although the roads are kinda hazardous, but at least I'm pretty sure I'll be roughly on time for my next plans.

7. Re: Ferry to Spain from Morocci

Removed on: 9:42 pm, October 30, 2013
Edited: 9:42 pm, October 30, 2013
Constantine...
reviews: 2
8. Re: Ferry to Spain from Morocci

I have a flight at 11:55 AM from Casablanca Airport

and I'm planing to take a train form Fes : departure 4:50 AM to 9:40 AM,

So I'll be in Casa just 2 hours before the flight , and I'm afraid that the train is not punctual so I may lost the flight .

Could you please Advice me.

9. Re: Ferry to Spain from Morocci

Removed on: 9:42 pm, October 30, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
10. Re: Ferry to Spain from Morocci

As advised by John W you'd better take the one departing from Fes at 02h30 that will drop you off at the airport (after making the connection at Casa Voyageurs) at 07h40, this way you'll have plenty of time to spend at the airport before the advised check-in time (02hrs before departure).

Put in mind that it's always better safe than sorry :)