We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel between Marrakesh and El Jadida

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sadiqabad, Pakistan
Travel between Marrakesh and El Jadida

Hi all, I am going to Morroco in May 2013. My question is I'd like to get from Marrakesh to El Jadida by public transport, preferably direct, without having to go through Casablance. I heard there was a direct bus with CTM, but I couldn't find it on their website. Anyone have any tips?

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 39
1. Re: Travel between Marrakesh and El Jadida

When checking out transport from major cities not all the destinations may be listed in your guide book as there are so many, so look under El Jadida for buses to Marrakech (if there's going to Marrakech, it's extremely likely there will be one in return).

The wording in Lonely Planet implies there is no CTM bus (which is what you seem to have already found out) but states there is a local bus.

My tip: if you don't already have a guidebook it's a good idea to get one.

Edited: 9:13 am, April 23, 2013
2. Re: Travel between Marrakesh and El Jadida

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:10 pm, October 29, 2013
chicago
3. Re: Travel between Marrakesh and El Jadida

Many buses bound for Essaouira from Marrakech. You can either book a CTM ticket or Supratour one . Regarding the later, you can check the timing here; www.oncf.ma

4. Re: Travel between Marrakesh and El Jadida

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:10 pm, October 29, 2013
Edited: 2:10 pm, October 29, 2013
Rotterdam, The...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Travel between Marrakesh and El Jadida

Hello!We are travelling to Morocco in June, and were wondering where to go for a few days to the beach. I think that El Jadida would be great choice, because from there we could visit Casablanca. Now I am trying looking into how we could get from Marrakech to El Jadida. Is there a direct train route or would we have to go to Casablanca first? How long is the journey by train?

I appreciate your reply!

VIRAG

Rotterdam, The...
6. Re: Travel between Marrakesh and El Jadida

Hello!We are travelling to Morocco in June, and were wondering where to go for a few days to the beach. I think that El Jadida would be great choice, because from there we could visit Casablanca. Now I am trying looking into how we could get from Marrakech to El Jadida. Is there a direct train route or would we have to go to Casablanca first? How long is the journey by train?

I appreciate your reply!

VIRAG

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 39
7. Re: Travel between Marrakesh and El Jadida

You can check train timings on www.oncf.ma

If you don't understand French, google for just 'ONCF' and click on 'translate site'.

Correspondence in train schedules means 'change trains at'.

8. Re: Travel between Marrakesh and El Jadida

Removed on: 2:11 pm, October 29, 2013
Rotterdam, The...
9. Re: Travel between Marrakesh and El Jadida

Tim,

Thank you I found the site, however, it was quite slow, I thought I might try it tomorrow or so. As I read somewhere, trainticket is about EUR 20 on first class.

John,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Actually we would like to enjoy a few days in El Jadida, at a resort and make a daytrip to Casablanca (we would have 3 whole days left, so 2 days hanging around El Jadida and 1 day going to Casablanca would be perfect). I read that the beach at El Jadida is quite remote, nobody sunbathing there. How many hours does it take to get to El Jadida from Marrakech by train?

10. Re: Travel between Marrakesh and El Jadida

Removed on: 2:11 pm, October 29, 2013