We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

driving from Marrakech to Taghazout

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
driving from Marrakech to Taghazout

Hello there, I am traveling from Marrakech to Taghazout next week and wanted to pass through the Atlas Mountains, is there a 'best route'? Is the R203 safe and enjoyable or are the national roads a better option? Thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 33
1. Re: driving from Marrakech to Taghazout

Fastest is the motorway. I don't have a map to hand but assuming you mean the Test pass for the R203, whether you consider it safe and enjoyable depends on what you are used to.

Someone from Colorado would say yes; someone from Florida would be throwing up by the side of the road.

reviews: 1
2. Re: driving from Marrakech to Taghazout

Thanks Tim, I presume that is the motorway through the mountains and not via Essaouira? I think we may be cutting it a bit fine for time if we want to go on the R203, I think if it was a 'must see' road then I might do it, but I'm responsible for my better half as well so maybe the easier option is the better one in this case.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 97
3. Re: driving from Marrakech to Taghazout

Not a must see in my opinion if on a tight schedule. The toll road is much faster and safer.

4. Re: driving from Marrakech to Taghazout

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 13, 2014