We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Erg Chebbi

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 12
Erg Chebbi

My apologizes in advance, as I'm sure this question gets asked often, but I must ask it anyways as the previous threads didn't really answer my question.

I'm going to be in Morocco for about 5 nights, 6 days and I'd like to see

the following:

- Marrakech

- Erg Chebbi

- Rabat/Casablanca

My question is how would someone on somewhat of a budget get to Erg Chebbi and back?

I'm not wanting some sort of super grand tour, I simply want to ride in to the desert, climb the dunes, take some pictures, and return to Marrakech. I've been trying to figure out if this is something I can book before arriving, and how much I should expect to pay? If anything, I'd only need 2 days, one night to see Erg Chebbi is my guessing.

Can anyone recommend a tour company? I can see that I can take a bus to Rissani from Marrakech, but it's about 12 hours, and leaves early in the morning.

Does anyone have any idea if it's possible to basically book

- Return transit to Erg Chebbi

- Camel Ride

- Tent

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

Casablanca
1. Re: Erg Chebbi

Hi Wanderlust;

Welcome to Morocco Travel forums.

By the way, 6 days is a very short time which i'd recommend to spend it only in Marrakech and surrouding areas having a day Trips to the High Atlas Mountains and to Essaouira then postpone your desert trip to another time to do it with more days Travelling, as you know 2 days 1 night is just punishment what will you see and do in 2 days, as you will not even reach the real Desert of the Erg Chebbi nor the Erg Cheggaga.

In case you are very insisted to do it during this trip try to make it in 3 Days would be much better at least, as you can see and experience more.

- From Marrakech to Merzouga there is a Daily Supratours Bus which you can use perfectly cheap and comfortable, just book a hotel in Merzouga, then spend first night in the hotel, second night in the camp experience the Camel ride and climb the dune, moreover; see the sunset and the sunrise, then back to Catch the bus Back to Marrakech.

Or contact some of the desert Tour companies, at the right side of your screen there is link of Tour Companies and Guide under the Top Asqked Questions about Morocco, it might helps you too with several information regarding your travelling to Morocco, or check Desert Trips from Marrakech link there it will enlightening your trip.

Good Luck and Happy Travels.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 45
2. Re: Erg Chebbi

5 nights in Morocco and want to see Marrakech, Erg Chebbi and Rabat is not enough. Even for to see Marrakech and Erg Chebbi is not enough. I would recommend you to stay in Marrakech, explore the area around, take a trip to Rabat and so. Casablanca is not much worth to visit it especially when you have so little time.

And if you decide anyway to go to the desert, count with that you need at least 3 nights for this trip Marrakech - Erg Chebbi - Marrakech. As Hamid writes you can take Supratour bus, www.oncf.ma, it goes all the way to Merzouga, not only to Rissani.

And about tour companies, if they suggest you that you can make such trip in 3 days only don't do that anyway. You can do it, but, you will only sit in the car and not enjoy much.

3. Re: Erg Chebbi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 1:05 pm, April 10, 2013
Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 104
4. Re: Erg Chebbi

Too much to do, too little time. I would not recommend doing so much unless you want most of your memories to be of long rides in busses or crowded grand taxis. Pare it down considerably. It is, after all, a vacation.

Taroudannt...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Erg Chebbi

Dan, it is also important that we know when you are coming to Morocco.

Which month? Are you coming alone?

6. Re: Erg Chebbi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 12, 2014