We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrorism in Morocco 2013

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Terrorism in Morocco 2013

Hello! I need the help of someone who understands about terrorism, arabic world, or something like this :p

I'm Brazilian and I have tickets to Marrakesh for tomorrow (19th), but I've been reading that things in Argelia and Mali are problematic due to terrorism right now.

I'd like to know if there are any risks on going to Morocco now. It seems that Morocco has supported the action anti-terrorist and I'm afraid it might provoque reactions.

Can someone help me? Thank you very very much.

9 replies to this topic
Buckhorn, Canada
reviews: 31
1. Re: Terrorism in Morocco 2013

We are in Morocco now, since Jan. 8 and it is very safe and quiet. Come and have a good time. It's a wonderful country with friendly people.

Casablanca
2. Re: Terrorism in Morocco 2013

It's very safe as Buckhorn telling you, feel home and enjoy Morocco it's really amazing as you will enjoy it, very well secured by the Police everywhere, and people are very friendly and very helpful.

Athens, Greece
reviews: 19
3. Re: Terrorism in Morocco 2013

Morocco is Morocco and Mali is Mali, where situation is unfolding only now. Do not be scared, Morocco is a safe country, and the work terrorism does not fit there.

Enjoy your stay !

Hampshire UK
reviews: 50
4. Re: Terrorism in Morocco 2013

There is a risk everywhere I guess, but Morocco is a more stable country for the region. Its own interest is to stay that way precisely because of the income it needs from tourism.

Marrakech, Morocco
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
reviews: 55
5. Re: Terrorism in Morocco 2013

The latest advice from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the British Government was updated yesterday. There are no travel restrictions in place See:

fco.gov.uk/content/…fco_trv_ca_morocco

If you have not already departed from Brazil Danielle I wish you a great trip.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 34
6. Re: Terrorism in Morocco 2013

"Terrorism in Morocco 2013" Sounds like a world music tour or something.

I'm currently in Spain on my way to Morocco and I am not at all concerned. The Moroccan-Algerian and Moroccan-Malian borders are all closed and have been for decades.

Relax and have a great trip!

Edited: 1:18 pm, January 19, 2013
Edinburgh
reviews: 11
7. Re: Terrorism in Morocco 2013

Morocco has no border with the West African nation but its territory is separated from Mali by less than 300 kilometres.

However,as a regular visitor to North Africa

I always try to keep up with political and current situations throughtout the Maghreb.

In light of recent events in Mali and Algeria.

Readers may find this article interesting.

The ongoing battles that the Moroccan authorities mount against threats to stability,as do other Govts. in NorthWest Africa .

allafrica.com/stories/201301190001.html

Regards

Mick

Edited: 1:49 pm, January 19, 2013
8. Re: Terrorism in Morocco 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, September 21, 2013

9. Re: Terrorism in Morocco 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, September 21, 2013
Edited: 9:35 am, September 21, 2013

Reply to: Terrorism in Morocco 2013
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted