We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sidi ifni - worth going?

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 1
sidi ifni - worth going?

I've been travelling around Morocco for the last 10 days and have a week left. So far have been toTangier, Tetouan, Chefchaouen, Fes, Merzouga/Erg Chebbi, Dades Gorge, and now in Marrakech. Doing a day trip to Ourika Valley tomorrow, and then the next day on to Essaouira.

Trying to decide how best to use the last few days. I figure a night or two in Essaouira, which will leave me with a couple of days left before I have to return to Marrakech for my flight.

I've been thinking all along that I'd go to Sidi Ifni for a nice chilled out place to end with. It's recommended as a top 20 place to go in my lonely planet guide, which seems pretty significant, and I also had a friend recommend it. However, I'm now having slight second thoughts, partly because I can't find all that much info about it, and also because of the travel, it's a little out of the way, particularly for getting back to Marrakech. If it's really cool spot, then I'm up for making the trip, and I figure it'd be nice to check out somewhere further south. But don't want to go out of my way if it's gonna be a let down. At the moment I'm still inclined to go, but also wondering what else might be a good/better use of the time (bearing in mind where I've been already, how long I've got, and for getting back to Marrakech).

Thoughts appreciated!

Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 39
1. Re: sidi ifni - worth going?

Sidi Ifni: morocco-knowledgebase.net/forum/…

2. Re: sidi ifni - worth going?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 4:33 pm, December 23, 2013
Castril De La Pena...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 39
3. Re: sidi ifni - worth going?

I'll be heading there again after some time in Tafraoute towards the end of January or early Feb.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 112
4. Re: sidi ifni - worth going?

If you have time to waste, why not? Never really found it all that interesting of a place and have passed through there several times. But like i said if you have days available and are just roaming around Morocco, why not? Just don't expect a lot.

5. Re: sidi ifni - worth going?

Thanks for posting those pictures. It does look lovely, so I think I'm inclined to go, the only thing that I'm unsure about is the travel, as far as I can tell both Essaouira to Sidi Ifni and Sidi Ifni to Marrakech will be long three-leg journeys (unless someone knows a better way? I'm restricted to coaches and taxis, no motorbike unfortunately!).

I'm not expecting loads, just a pretty and atmospheric little town I guess, it's just whether it's worth the travelling. Even though I've got a couple of flexible days, I don't want to be 'wasting' any time really! If it was easier to get to it'd be a no-brainer really, it's just because of the travel that I'm wondering about alternatives...

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 112
6. Re: sidi ifni - worth going?

I'm afraid if it's the city you are ending on you will be disappointed. You've hit some of the major places....Sidi Ifni, for me at least, is not one of them. Did you do Meknes? Azrou/Ifrane? Tiznit/Tafroute?

London, United...
reviews: 3
7. Re: sidi ifni - worth going?

Hello there,

Did you decide? Sidi Ifni town is a peaceful, relaxing place to visit (I have a house there!). It IS quite a long way south but the drive is nice once you get past Tiznit, if you take the coast road via Aglou.

What makes it especially worth a visit if you have time is Legzira Beach (Sidi Ifni province) approx 8km before you get to Sidi Ifni, with its stunning rock formations arching into the sea. Truly spectacular!

Best regards, Karolina

Taroudannt...
8. Re: sidi ifni - worth going?

One think I've noticed lately regarding weather is that nights are not nearly as chilly in Sidi Ifni compared to Taroudant where I live. Tonight for example, 13 in Ifni, 4 in Taroudant.

You can get a shared taxi going directly to Sidi Ifni from Inezgane, a major travel hub near Agadir.

9. Re: sidi ifni - worth going?

Oooh, basically I would like to go, but the travel is making it tricky.... The Supratours and CTM coach times don't really work... can't find timetables for the smaller companies... Seems like it'll take the whole day to get there, then have a day there, then another whole day to get back to Marrakech for my flight. Equals two days travelling just to spend one day there, probably not worth it....? Unless someone has some other public transport suggestions that I've not realised?

Annoying not to be able to know the bus companies timetables in advance, according to this site - www.morocco-holidays.com/holidays/bus.htm - there are buses from Essaouira to Tiznit, which might do the trick, but no way of knowing other than turning up at the bus station and seeing what there is.... Having said that, I might just go now and see if I can find out (just got time before my hammam appointment and new year's party!!)

Taroudannt...
10. Re: sidi ifni - worth going?

Shared grande taxis are faster and more plentiful than buses.