We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 days in Morocco/ New Year

London, United...
reviews: 1
10 days in Morocco/ New Year

Hi!,

I will be going to Morocco with my girlfriend for about ten days in December over New Year (29th-8th).

This is our first time in Morocco and i would to explore as much as possible, (within reason!) during this time.

We will both land in Casablanca but i read a few posts which do not recommend it much as a destination, especially for New Years eve.

Would anybody recommend any other destinations for New Year? like Marrakesh or Fes?

We are not party animals but we would love a nice party to celebrate the new year :-) we are in our late 20's looking for fun and a bit of adventure.

We are very much into exploring natural beauties and cultural places like Mount Atlaas, the Ait Ben Haddou and the Dades Gorge for instance.

What could be the best itinerary in order to explore this places within 10 days?

I am very open on taking a few days organized tour, or rent a car in order to go from city to city back to Casablanca, but i would love to hear from somebody who has already travelled there (or lives in morocco( and could help me enjoy this beautiful country as much as possible in 10 days.

Thank you for any info! peace

Casablanca
1. Re: 10 days in Morocco/ New Year

Hi Adventure..;

Welcome to Morocco Travel Forum;

For a 10 Days in Morocco, since your trip will be starts from Casablanca then would suggest to make the Trip from that side to Fes or Rabat as Marrakech will be so busy and most of the Hotels/riads are already fully booked.

then from Fes you can enjoy the Desert and the Kasbah, to Marrakech and if you can do later a Day Trip to Essaouira will make some good flavour on your trip to be unique and a lifetime experience.

would suggest a 2 options you can enjoy Morocco through :

1st option:

- Casablanca-Rabat-Chefchaouen.

- Chefchaouen-Meknes-Volubilis-Fes.

- Fes.

- Fes-Merzouga.

- Merzouga-Camel Treks and desert Overnight.

- Merzouga-Todra Gorges-Dades Valley.

- Dades Valley-Skoura - Ouarzazate.

- Ouarzazate- Ait Ben-haddou-Marrakech.

- Marrakech-

-Marrakech- Departure.

2 nd Option:

- casablanca-Marrakech.

- Marrakech.

- Marrakech- Essaouira.

- Essaouira.

- Essaouira-Ouarzazate.

- Ouarzazate- Dades Valley-Merzouga.

- Merzouga-Camel treks and Desert Overnight.

- Merzouga-Fes.

- Fes.

- Fes Departure.

Both of this Options will make your trip memorable and a good experience.

For the New Year's best destination would highly recommend 3 places : Marrakech/ the Desert in Merzouga at the Erg Chebbi/ Fes or Essaouira.

To keep in Mind Moroccan roads are full of snow at the moment.

and Try to reserve what you want before you get there because most of the riads now are fully booked, and for the new Year try to spend it south where you can find avaialbility.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 40
2. Re: 10 days in Morocco/ New Year

10days in Morocco - I would celebrate the new year in Marrakech or Fes, but not in Casablanca I think. And think at that it is big distances between the places, this time of year the days are short so I would not try to go to far. It is quite cold now and it would be better to keep you more south than north.

From Marrakech for example you can go to Atlas, visit Ait BenHaddou and other kasbah there around. Then go back and maybe to Essaouira to the coast.

Take your time for to relax also, not for to sitting on the bus or car traveling through the whole country.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 40
3. Re: 10 days in Morocco/ New Year

P.S. I forgot, wanted to suggest you to go south against Tafraoute and that part of the country.

4. Re: 10 days in Morocco/ New Year

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, December 17, 2013