We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tangier ferry to Tarifa or Algeciras

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 6
Tangier ferry to Tarifa or Algeciras

Whats better? I know to get to Algeciras we have to go to Tangier Med and it take about an hour. But what gives is a better view of the straights?

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
1. Re: Tangier ferry to Tarifa or Algeciras

If you go from Tarifa you could try exploring the surroundings whilst on dry land. I seem to remember an old castle there so would be worth my time to explore this.

Cape Town Central...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Tangier ferry to Tarifa or Algeciras

the only port operating trips to Spain is Tangier Med. the old port is under construction to become a resort.

London, United...
reviews: 19
3. Re: Tangier ferry to Tarifa or Algeciras

Algeciras is not interesting at all , Tarifa is a nice town . As for view of the straits look at a map and see the route , tangier ville to Tarifa is more direct and tanger med is like an S route .

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 35
4. Re: Tangier ferry to Tarifa or Algeciras

"the only port operating trips to Spain is Tangier Med. the old port is under construction to become a resort."

Absolutely wrong. The old port is being redeveloped, but the ferries from Tanger to Tarifa are still running.

Cape Town Central...
5. Re: Tangier ferry to Tarifa or Algeciras

Tim you can say your opinion... That's why we are here.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 35
6. Re: Tangier ferry to Tarifa or Algeciras

Yes, except mine isn't an opinion, it's fact.

Here's the schedule of the FRS company that runs the Tarifa to Tanger route: http://www.frs.es/home-area/fahrplan.html

You can see photos of the redevelopment of the Tanger port at www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php…

Edited: 8:21 pm, August 04, 2012
Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 12
7. Re: Tangier ferry to Tarifa or Algeciras

JackE is incorrect. You can get a ferry from Tarifa to Tanger Port, which is the old port.

Whilst this is destined to become a marina ferries do still dock here.

This is a blessing as it cuts out a lot of time and inconvenience travelling from TM to TP.

Cape Town Central...
8. Re: Tangier ferry to Tarifa or Algeciras

The time I was there I couldn't get any ticket at the old port, then the policeman sent me to the new port, but today I read about it and you are 100% right. I apologise for this mistake which was based on my own experience.

Surabaya, Indonesia
reviews: 26
9. Re: Tangier ferry to Tarifa or Algeciras

Hi,

Does anybody knows how much is the cost to take a bus from Tarifa to Algeciras Port and also another question does ferry tickets becomes cheaper when the date draws closer? as it seems for this month it is cheaper than booking in advance for a date months later? or is it because it is in winter? Any clues there? thanks

10. Re: Tangier ferry to Tarifa or Algeciras

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 20, 2014