We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wireless 3G internet connectivity- Who's the best?

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Wireless 3G internet connectivity- Who's the best?

Hi, I'm going to be in Morocco (mainly Marrakech) as of next week and I will be buying a 3G wireless internet usb dongle, I know there are three companies that provide such a service; Meditel, Maroc Telecom and Inwi- does anyone know who provides the best service in terms or reliability and speed? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

London, United...
11. Re: Wireless 3G internet connectivity- Who's the best?

I'm in Marrakech at the moment and yesterday I bought a Meditel 3G stick- its utterly crap, I feel as if I'm back in the late 90's and using dial up!

I initially went to the inwi store but was told that their modems do not work with windows 7- is this true? The woman did not seem to know what she was talking about.

How long will Maroc telecom be down for as I was going to go attempt to get a refund and buy a Maroc telecom usb stick instead. Any idea why they are down?

With regards to wifi, unfortunately my house has no wifi and im not here long enough to warrant getting it installed.

Thanks for your replies.

zagora Morocco
reviews: 13
12. Re: Wireless 3G internet connectivity- Who's the best?

INWI has shops everwhere and coverage is better than the other two, however until April this year 2012 there was no signal in ERFOUD. That may have now changed.

zagora Morocco
reviews: 13
13. Re: Wireless 3G internet connectivity- Who's the best?

INWI has shops everwhere and coverage is better than the other two, however until April this year 2012 there was no signal in ERFOUD. That may have now changed.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
14. Re: Wireless 3G internet connectivity- Who's the best?

You may just need to grin and bear it nab121. Whichever connection you have it is likely to be slower than what you are used to in the UK.

Taroudannt...
reviews: 2
15. Re: Wireless 3G internet connectivity- Who's the best?

This is now many months later, and Nab121 will most likely have left Morocco. I would however like to know what he ended up getting.

I have been using WANA/INWI for years and have never had a problem getting a signal in Taroudant, but I have no doubt that my internet connection is slowish, as Yahoo keeps telling me so. Mine is a desktop computer and I use an LG LDU-1900D USB modem, nearly 4 years old. Do they get tired and slowly wear out?

I've heard that Morocco will be (insha'allah) going to 4G mobile/internet service sometime late in 2013. Of course I would like to get the best service available, but for the time being I think I may have to live with what I have. One friend who lives in Morocco told me that I should switch to ADSL which requires a land line. At the moment, I'm unsure. Does anyone out there have up to date advice in this regard?

Marrakech, Morocco
reviews: 55
16. Re: Wireless 3G internet connectivity- Who's the best?

I have an ADSL connection and do not find a problem with either connectivity or download speads. Any tech appliance ages of course but we are always being told upgrade, upgrade! I use Maroc Telecom and their router for ADSL seems to do the job. It works through a landline. WiFi also supported.

Marrakech, Morocco
17. Re: Wireless 3G internet connectivity- Who's the best?

Maroc telecom is crap when it comes to 3g on smartphones!!

inwi is good enough for wireless laptops, you get sometimes 1Mbs download speed.

Meditel is garbage, when it comes to 3g connection.

the best deal is ADSL wi-fi in cafe shops and it is free of charge !!!

Taroudannt...
reviews: 2
18. Re: Wireless 3G internet connectivity- Who's the best?

** Sam z, would you agree with my friend in El Jadida that I should switch from INWI and a 3G modem to ADSL landline service from Maroc Telecom. I live in Taroudant, have a desktop computer, and I assume that service may vary according to location.

19. Re: Wireless 3G internet connectivity- Who's the best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:13 am, December 25, 2013
20. Re: Wireless 3G internet connectivity- Who's the best?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 27, 2014