We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP passport expires in 3 months and I leave in 3 days

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Deerfield...
reviews: 36
HELP passport expires in 3 months and I leave in 3 days

I just noted on a post today that ones passport needs to be valid for 6 months to enter Morrocco. I have a US passport expiring in September and I am flying into Fes on Wednesday. Is this seriously enforced? Will I be denied entry in Fes or will I not be allowed on the plane? I know I could travell a long way intoa big city to get a renewel issued in one day but I am a far away and it is next to impossible to get there. Any suggestions welcome.

Merzouga, Morocco
reviews: 23
1. Re: HELP passport expires in 3 months and I leave in 3 days

I think the post you refer to was regarding UK nationals?

Sorry but I don't know the entry requirement for US passport holders and it may well be entirely different. What about contacting your appropriate travel advisory service in the US to get exact clarification.

Deerfield...
2. Re: HELP passport expires in 3 months and I leave in 3 days

You may be right. The US state department has no such regulation oradvisory on its travel site for Morrocco. The Morrocan government's site doesn't say anything about it either. If anyone has any info about how the concern appplies to US passport holders it would be helpful.

Marrakech
Destination Expert
for Marrakech
3. Re: HELP passport expires in 3 months and I leave in 3 days

If you are due to travel in 3 days you really should contact the US state department by telephone and get immediate clarification.

Fes
4. Re: HELP passport expires in 3 months and I leave in 3 days

My 'guess' is that it is unlikely that you will have a problem. If, say, you are flying into Fes on Ryanair, the aircraft that you arrive on, will probably already have departed by the time you get through passport control anyhow, so they wouldn't be able to put you back on the aircraft you came in on. I'd say just have your return flight documentation handy, so if needed, you can show that you will be well out of Morocco by the time your passport expires.

Richmond, VA
reviews: 5
5. Re: HELP passport expires in 3 months and I leave in 3 days

Everything I've read says your passport has to be valid for the intended length of stay so hopefully you will be ok.

Personally I'd contact the Moroccan Embassy in the USA, they should be able to tell you their "entry requirements":

For further information on entry/exit requirements for Morocco and the most current visa information, please contact the Embassy of the Kingdom of Morocco at 1601 21st Street NW, Washington, DC 20009, telephone (202) 462-7979 to 82, fax 202-462-7643, or the Moroccan Consulate General in New York at 10 E. 40th Street, New York, NY 10016, telephone (212) 758-2625, fax 212-779-7441.

6. Re: HELP passport expires in 3 months and I leave in 3 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:19 pm, September 18, 2012
Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 112
7. Re: HELP passport expires in 3 months and I leave in 3 days

You didn't mention how long you will be staying. If it's a short trip you are probably ok. If longer it could be a problem. You might contact that U.S. Consulate in Casablanca.

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 32
8. Re: HELP passport expires in 3 months and I leave in 3 days

IME all countries have the requirement of 6 months validity on your passport when you enter their country. It is nothing to do with which country you come from.

Deerfield...
9. Re: HELP passport expires in 3 months and I leave in 3 days

I returned from trip and it was no problem. My passpsort was checked at several entry points, Casablanca and Fez and no one made any note of it. I didmy own research and there appears to be stricker rules for those form the EU than the US. Thanks for everyones help.

Austin, Texas
reviews: 7
10. Re: HELP passport expires in 3 months and I leave in 3 days

Yep, I had the same issue as jlp254. Had zero problems getting into the country. American passport expires in four months.

Nothing on Morocco's consulate Web site states that the passport has to be valid for at least six months. It only says that those with visas must have a passport that is valid for at least six months.

So the people up top who are scaring people, read the Web site more carefully before you state that somebody must have a passport that is valid for at least six months. Perhaps that's the case for the UK, but not the US. If you have a doubt, read the US State Department's summary of each country for entry requirements. It's very accurate.