We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morocco - where to go

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Morocco - where to go

My sister and I are planning a trip to Morocco this Easter. We'll be travelling from London and are interested in thoughts on where to go, where to stay, where to fly to etc.

We want to spend a few days in Marakesh, then a few days in Fez and our last day or two back in Marakesh. Does that make sense? We're not backpacking (we're 26 and 30) but at the same time we're not travelling on a luxury budget. W

We're both well travelled, open minded, and interested in finding out new things, seeing new places etc. I've read some of the forums about women travelling alone but am assuming it won;t be a major problem (my sister's blonde) if we're respectful and use our common sense? We want somewhere we can relax, enjoy some time together, eat some good food and come home feeling that we've seen a bit more of the world.

Any advice?

Thanks very much!

England
reviews: 1
1. Re: Morocco - where to go

Hi

Your choice is great, Fez takes you back in time and Marakesh is buzzing. We travelled with Moroccon friends living there and that made our life very easy. We took the train from Fez to Marakech, took about 5 hours I think. it was a comfortable and safe trip (& cheap). I never felt unsafe and the people are so kind and helpful. It may be better for you to fly to Marakesh and then take a train to Fez.

I can't quite remember where we stayed because we were spending just a couple of nights in these places.

Be careful where you eat - make sure it's clean and not an open meat stand!!

Have you considered a trip to the Atlas Mountains from Marakesh ? we didn't have enough time to do this but I know members of my family have and said it was spectacular esp if you can get a hotel up in the mountains

Hope you have an enjoyable trip - i would go again if I could.