We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camel trek in Merzouga/Erg Chebbi

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario...
reviews: 31
Camel trek in Merzouga/Erg Chebbi

How many days do you recommend for a camel trek to see the best of the sand dunes? Any good tour companies to suggest? Any negative experiences?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

1. Re: Camel trek in Merzouga/Erg Chebbi

One night in the desert will do the trick for most people. Despite the stunning landscape and the mindblowing impression on the senses, the desert does get quite boring after a while.

The dunes at Merzouga are close enough to limit your "tour" to an afternoon, a night and the following morning.

Toronto
2. Re: Camel trek in Merzouga/Erg Chebbi

Contact Whitecamel.com it's a reliable agency,I had a great group mostly Brits and a few Americans,we booked an overnight and wurth it.The owner is absolutly fabulous,his balance is perfect,talks enough to give you a thorough history, but doesn't overwhelm you,has fun stories and a great personality. All our needs met beyond expectations.

Marrakesh
3. Re: Camel trek in Merzouga/Erg Chebbi

Merzouga is an excellent base from which to explore the desert.

A camel trip, for a couple hours, is a great way to see the dunes. For those who are used to getting saddle-sore, or are up for the ultimate adventure, there are two to three day desert tours on camel. You won't have to look hard for a guide, try to be on contact with Merzouga Services via email : Merzouga_services@yahoo.fr

Have a nice trip .

paris
4. Re: Camel trek in Merzouga/Erg Chebbi

hello!

we ,i and my wife, were in merzouga 3 weeks ago and stayed in a nice small hotel that we found in the lonely planet s book!

we had been in the desert for 2 nights !we think the 2 day s trip is enough to see the dunes !

the hotels name is kasbah mohayut

wewisch you good luck!!