We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Morrocco ?

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London England
reviews: 1
Morrocco ?

Hi I fancy going to Morrocco this August (I have been advised that it is Ramadan in October my first choice and that is not a good time to be there). I like the look of Essaouira but I can't get a cheap package deal there (the only other option is to book both accomodation and flights (to Spain) seperately and then travel across the med by boat) so Im looking for a quiet place on the coast for a couple of weeks. Any suggestions?

1. Re: Morrocco ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:00 pm, January 07, 2005
England
reviews: 1
2. Re: Morrocco ?

Essaouira is lovely but will be very busy in August as many french holidaymakers go there then.

I have always gone via Spain - the trains in Morocco are superb and very cheap, but you would have to go by train to marrakesh and then by bus to essaouira (would take most of day)

You could fly to casablanca and then take train and bus.

I haven't been during ramadan but essaouira is very friendly and "middle-class" and although religion dictates their day i would not expect them to be hostile. There are many european restaurants there run by french/italian etc so would expect that you would be able to eat in the day - especially if you stay in a hotel. The evening celebrations are supposed to be wonderful at that time.

Hope that helps!

Norfolk UK
reviews: 3
3. Re: Morrocco ?

For my 5th visit to Morocco I went to Marrakech during Ramadan 2001 and found it a good time to go. The historic sites were open all day without the normal two our lunch break to allow an early finish of the working day in time for breaking the fast. The evenings were quite lively and interesting to witness. I also went to Essaouira for a day in that period. My experience of Ramadan was that tourists were welcome, restaurants etc were open during the daytime and few concessions were needed from the non-Muslims that would make any significant difference to visiting at any other time.

4. Re: Morrocco ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:56 am, August 10, 2005