We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

SITUATION: Driver quotes you a price from say Rabat to Fes..

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 161
SITUATION: Driver quotes you a price from say Rabat to Fes..

could be any two cities in the world really...private transfer in his car...no company involved other than maybe the concierge at hotel or riad got him for you. You agree on the price. Is a tip expected over that price? I don't want to seem cheap or have him think that service was not good but my thinking has always been he is getting 100% of the money and I assume he is quoting what he thinks is a good price with enough profit after expenses. I know it is different if the driver is working for someone else. Any thoughts on this situation? Thanks.

Kathmandu, Nepal
reviews: 39
1. Re: SITUATION: Driver quotes you a price from say Rabat to Fes..

If he is a safe driver, courtesy and helpful and stops without complaint at the places you want (e.g. to eat, take photos etc.) then I would be inclined to give a small tip to encourage the good service and indicate that you appreciated the effort he made.

Erg Chebbi, Morocco
reviews: 2
2. Re: SITUATION: Driver quotes you a price from say Rabat to Fes..

Tip have nothing to do with the origin price; i concider tiping as a 'services rating '; you pay for something and then you rate for it; a tip is your final note/mark about the services; sometimes it can be 0 -no tip- sometime it can be 10 "good services".

it's up to you; to rate or to skip this operation.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Morocco
reviews: 105
3. Re: SITUATION: Driver quotes you a price from say Rabat to Fes..

Tipping is always appreciated. Doesn't have to be a lot (nothing if the guy is a jerk), but it's not a particularly rich country wage-wise so I always tip if the service was good.

4. Re: SITUATION: Driver quotes you a price from say Rabat to Fes..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, August 16, 2009