We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Morocco suitable for children aged 13 & 10

Which Morocco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 1
Is Morocco suitable for children aged 13 & 10

Can anyone tell me whether they think morocco is a suitable holiday for children aged 13 & 10? We are toying with the idea of going to Agadir in August. My main concern is also whether you are constantly hassled. Can anyone help me?

London
reviews: 21
1. Re: Is Morocco suitable for children aged 13 & 10

Hi, I have never been in August but it can get terribly hot that time of year. If you dont mind the heat there is wonderful beach for children to enjoy. I dont think you will get hassled as a family. Also as a family probably best to stay at large hotel which will have all the facilities in case you dont want to venture out on some days.

All in all I am sure you will enjoy and have good time.

UK
reviews: 28
2. Re: Is Morocco suitable for children aged 13 & 10

I haven't been but plan to go in July with my two girls age 15 and 13. We were told it is much more European than say Tunisia, and fine for children. I should think that you may get hassled a bit - that happens everywhere these days, but probably more in the cities like Marrakesh.

England
3. Re: Is Morocco suitable for children aged 13 & 10

Thanks to the 2 people who have replied to my questions it has proved very helpful. Can I ask which hotels you have or are staying in and would you recommend them? It is really hard to find family rooms as with a daughter who is only 10 my children arn't really old enough I don't think to be in a room on their own Once again many thanks for your prompt and very helpful replies

UK
reviews: 28
4. Re: Is Morocco suitable for children aged 13 & 10

We looked at the occidental Beach Club Agador (First Choice) which looks beautiful - child ages up to 15! This was our preferred choice but they had run out of Free Child Places so plumped for our next choice with Thomas Cook - Club Al Moggar. Both these hotels are in Agadir. If you go to the Virgin travel site you can access the Travel Agents "gazetteer" which gives honest opinions on all hotels - or just ask your travel agent if you can look at their copy of the gazetteer. I don't know what our hotel will be like cos it was very cheap!! Fingers crossed.

England
5. Re: Is Morocco suitable for children aged 13 & 10

The Gambler - thanks again for the information. I visited the Virgin website as you suggsted and it was useful. I had already booked a holiday in August at Odyssee Park Hotel. Even though no one seems to know much about it I have decided to take the risk as it was the only place we could get with a family room. I am still a bit concerned as the price seems cheap and I am hoping that this is because at the moment it is not very well known. The virgin website didn't say anything too negative but i found out it is uphill from the beach and situated on a main road. I hope this doesn't mean it is too noisy. The good thing is it was given 4 stars. Once again thanks for the information.