We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

algiers

Which Algiers hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
algiers

i will like to know someone from algiers so i can know more about the city and language.

thanks

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 44
1. Re: algiers

You need to provide more information about what you would like to know. What languages are you interested in? Most Algerians speak a unique 'dialect' of French and Arab that most mothertongue speakers of either language find hard to follow.

If in Algiers, go to the underground parking in the same complex that the Sofitel hotel is in. In the parking garage there is a transport company that employ one or two drivers that speak basic English.

I see there are a number of people who have pages on Algeria over at virtualtourist.com that are from Algiers.

Texas
2. Re: algiers

Hi,

I am from Algiers, and although I am currently in the US. I will be back to Algiers very soon, so please feel free to contact me should you need any information, I will be more than happy to help.

Tehran
3. Re: algiers

Hi,

I'm farid,32 years old marrieed man.my company has some projects in Algeria and they wnat me and some of my workmate to come to algeris for work and living with our family.I wiil be appreciate if you guide me about the life expenses,aparment rental,food, education and so on.my E-mail is faridkhodadadeh@gmail.com

many thanks,

Farid

algiers
reviews: 2
4. Re: algiers

hi all am amina f'rom algiers the capital of algiers am 23 yrs old if some on need any inforlmation about my town dont hesitate to cantacte me .lookformard to hear from you soon .

amina

5. Re: algiers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:54 pm, September 22, 2009
Oran
6. Re: algiers

If you need any information about Oran city feel free to message me.

Regards,

ankara
7. Re: algiers

Hi,

I'm planning to move algaris alone.

Is it hard to live alone there as a women?

Is it safe to stay in an apartment or prefer a hotel?

Will shoppnig alone be a problem?

What shoudl I bring with with myself?

thanks for advice.

Oran
8. Re: algiers

Hello there,

I think it would be always good not to be alone but then it's ok i think in many parts of algeria in big cities. just get advice from trustworthy locals who'd show you by some safe neighborhoods.

it all depends whre you shop or where you go. as you stay there, you will get to know where you can be alone and where you shouldn't be.

as algeria is a very diverse country and you find from extreme religious to extreme westerners, avoiding over provocative clothes would help alot avoid a lot of problems especially if you are smoking hot! lol

i knew a woman who lived here alone by herself and she was an english teacher. she's no longer here now after the work contract finished. i can try to make you in contact with her. drop me an email:

somethingwithoutsomething@yahoo.com

9. Re: algiers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, July 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Algiers