We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I buy the best waterproof bags for keys, phones?

Which Oahu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
reviews: 97
Where can I buy the best waterproof bags for keys, phones?

Hoping someone can advise me on where to buy waterproof bags to keep our keys & phones in while at the beach? For most of our trip we'll be at Turtle Bay Resort area and plan on exploring the area. I want to be able to take our car keys/phones into the water with us if we decide to explore a beach while on a walk or drive. Don't want to have to worry about them being on the beach while we're both in the water.

Have looked on-line some, but haven't found anything I was thrilled with yet. Would like to buy them before getting to Oahu. Suggestions on where to look?

Lagrangeville, NY
reviews: 33
1. Re: Where can I buy the best waterproof bags for keys, phones?

We use Aquapacs, and it looks to me that's what the Oahu lifeguards use as well.

We have 3: 1 for my iPhone, 1 for my husband's cell phone and 1 for the keys, credit cards and money. We have had them for quite a number of years now and have not had any problems with them.

You can find Aquapac offerings at Amazon.com or go directly to the Aquapac website.

California
reviews: 4
2. Re: Where can I buy the best waterproof bags for keys, phones?

Yung4fr:

Based on my reading in here, I bought an Aquapac for my husband as a stocking stuffer this Christmas. We haven't had a chance to use it yet, but based on the "No way am I trusting that thing with my iPhone" look on his face, my confidence has been shaken.

How well do they work? Do they really allow you to go swimming with an iPhone in your swim trunks?

Corona del Mar, CA
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
reviews: 344
3. Re: Where can I buy the best waterproof bags for keys, phones?

The AquaPacs are great Beach.... I've used them with my Android phone and non-waterproof digital cam and you'd have thought my cam was an underwater cam it worked so well.

I also use Precision products.

I have the one i surf with and when I surf I have a small AquaPac with my drivers license, one credit card, 2 $20's, car key and my room key. If I am with the family I may use one of the larger ones to get camera shots from in the water.

For the OP, you can buy them online or at Sports Authority in Ward Center or a dive shop. You can buy cheaper ones places, but this is an item you do not want to skimp on. It is okay if your DL, money etc get wet, but you do not want to have to replace an electronic car key; those are not cheap.

California
reviews: 4
4. Re: Where can I buy the best waterproof bags for keys, phones?

Thank you!

Maybe I'll treat my own phone to some bathtub time before our upcoming trip to Puerto Rico to assuage husband's fears ...

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
reviews: 40
5. Re: Where can I buy the best waterproof bags for keys, phones?

We, too, like Aquapacs.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 97
6. Re: Where can I buy the best waterproof bags for keys, phones?

Thanks for the input. Nothing like 'been there' advice. :) I think I'll try them out in the bathtub at home first. Have some old cell phones Ican charge up & experiment on.

7. Re: Where can I buy the best waterproof bags for keys, phones?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 17, 2014