We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking at the Hale Koa Hotel

Which Oahu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 20
Parking at the Hale Koa Hotel

We are staying at the Outrigger Reef but hope to use the less expensive Hale Koa lot for parking. I am hoping someone can confirm the rates and process.

1. General Public rate of $18/day available for multi-day parking only (min 3days) - we are staying 7. Does this include in/out privileges?

2. Purchase pass from front desk. Do we need to return to the front desk after our initial purchase?

3. Park in Saratago Rd lot - this seems closest to the Outrigger. Is it located across from the Trump Tower?

So hopefully, after we drop our things at Outrigger, we drive to Hale Koa, purchase the multi-day parking pass, drive to the lot and then are able to get our car in and out as needed without bothering with the front desk again.

Vancouver...
reviews: 24
1. Re: Parking at the Hale Koa Hotel

Singer: Why not ask the Hale Koa your questions your questions direct? I mean, everything you have asked here is something that the hotel makes the "rules" for and would have the definitive answers. Just a thought? Chuck...

Austin, Texas
reviews: 42
2. Re: Parking at the Hale Koa Hotel

Hi 'Mom' :),

I used to vacay there when I was in the military.

You definitely have in and out privileges to come and go as you please for those 3 days. I'm not sure why you're asking about having to return to the front desk after your initial purchase; the pass has an expiry date on it. So if your car is in the parking garage after the third day, you'll be ticketed.

The parking garage is at the corner of Kalia Road and Maluhia Road; there is no garage operated by the Hale Koa on Saratoga Road. So there will be a bit of a walk to get to the Outrigger from the garage (not that I'm complaining - it's a great walk).

-Jen

Chicago, Illinois
3. Re: Parking at the Hale Koa Hotel

Thanks JBien - on the Hale Koa website it mentions a parking lot in addition to the garage and a shuttle. Guess I will confirm all of this closer to date in case there are changes. I'm just trying to decide whether it is cost-effective to have the car rental for all or part of my stay and also how much hassle it is to try to find cheaper parking.

Blackbelt4dan - sorry for using up precious forum space but the reason people post to confirm on tripadvisor is that often you can get incorrect info from the front desk. I would rather get some feedback from people who have actually done this before.

Vancouver...
reviews: 24
4. Re: Parking at the Hale Koa Hotel

No need to be sarcastic, singer. You will actually get better, more accurate information from the source(Hale Koa) than from random posters who will give you their opinions based on what happened to them on a given occasion. If you think that an answer on TA is a "confirmation", then you are out of touch with reality. It is an "opinion". Chuck...

Princeville, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
5. Re: Parking at the Hale Koa Hotel

singermom, you are right there are two different parking lots for the Hale Koa. I was unaware of this until I looked on the Hale Koa web-site. I don't believe you will find anything cheaper that doesn't include a very long walk.

Chicago, Illinois
6. Re: Parking at the Hale Koa Hotel

I am assuming that the Hale Koa is the only reasonable parking option. I have read many Outrigger Reef reviews with complaints about the $30 valet parking but very little feedback here or in the reviews about parking alternatives. $30 a day is pretty much doubling my rental cost but I know we will want to go elsewhere on the island.

Princeville, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
7. Re: Parking at the Hale Koa Hotel

singermom4, if you take a look at the Top Questions on the right hand side of this page you will find one that says Parking Fees Waikiki Hotels, click on that and you will find a list of the hotels and their parking fees.

Honolulu, Hawaii
8. Re: Parking at the Hale Koa Hotel

I'm not the Front Desk......

But I can "confirm" there is a large surface parking lot on the corner of Saratoga And Kalia Roads, directly across the street from the Trump Tower, which is much closer to the Reef than the mainDeRussy parking garage.

It is accessed from Kalia Road across from the bus stop.

Edited: 4:09 pm, November 15, 2011
Chicago, Illinois
9. Re: Parking at the Hale Koa Hotel

msfuzz - thanks, I took a peek at this list before. Although Waikiki Shores is right next door to the Reef, it has very limited parking for its guests. I find it amusing that the parking at the Trump Tower across the the street is less than at Outrigger Reef (albeit by just a little)!

Edited: 9:15 pm, November 15, 2011
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
10. Re: Parking at the Hale Koa Hotel

www.spotlighthawaii.com/maps/oahuMaps.asp

Click on the Waikiki Strolling Map.

The open lot at Hale Koa is right where the yellow oval that says "Waikiki Beachwalk" is.

The entrance to the open lot is near the garage. But there are openings in the fence near Trump Tower to walk to & from the car.

The map also shows the garage.