We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are there any coffee plantations that we can visit on Oahu?

Which Oahu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee...
reviews: 19
Are there any coffee plantations that we can visit on Oahu?

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if there are coffee plantations/farms on Oahu? How about any other farms that grow & sell tropical fruits or nuts on site?

We will be staying in Waikiki but can rent a car for a tour outside the big city.

Thanks!

Chris

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
1. Re: Are there any coffee plantations that we can visit on Oahu?

You should visit coffee farms on Big Island while you are there.

On the Island of Hawaii forum, Top Questions. Click on the website question. It has a link to a coffee farm driving tour.

I like the Macadamia Nut Farm Outlet on Oahu for a quick stop. They have a tour that includes their garden (I have not been on the tour).

Dole Pineapple also had a garden tour. I don't think they have coffee trees though.

There is a coffee plantation between Dole Pineapple & Haleiwa. No tours that I know of, but you can park along the side of the road & see the coffee trees. Almost looks like grape vines for a winery from a distance.

Lake Macquarie...
reviews: 17
2. Re: Are there any coffee plantations that we can visit on Oahu?

Second the Macadamia Nut Farm Outlet, Dusty. I sampled some of their delicious macnut flavoured coffee and (stupidly) forgot to buy some to bring home. That's on the list next Easter :-)

Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 24
3. Re: Are there any coffee plantations that we can visit on Oahu?

It is a lovely drive to the Mac Nut Farm Outlet. We did take their tour and loved it! It includes a ride on their grounds, a show, as well as a boat tour.

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 3
4. Re: Are there any coffee plantations that we can visit on Oahu?

<<<<It is a lovely drive to the Mac Nut Farm Outlet. We did take their tour and loved it! It includes a ride on their grounds, a show, as well as a boat tour.>>>>

Would you happen to remember the cost of the tour? Even an approximate idea?

I checked their website but it does not list the tour, I have emailed them but thought I would as here.

Thanks!

yfunk3
reviews: 4
5. Re: Are there any coffee plantations that we can visit on Oahu?

I highly, highly recommend taking a drive to Hawaii's Plantation Village in Waipahu and going on the $13 tour (I have heard that there is a $3 off regular adult admission coupon in one of the free magazines all over Waikiki, though I'm not sure which one).

I loved it, but I am a huge history nerd. Had a great tour guide (Brenda) when I went, and the entire tour took about 2.5 hours because there was so much to see, so much to learn about, and so much to talk about with the tour guide. She let us pick and smash our own macadamia nuts, look for ripe mangoes (unfortunately, it was still too early in the season, pick mountain apples, taste the various edible fruits that they grow on the property (there is a tasting in their cafeteria before you start the actual tour outside). I walked away with a couple of mountain apples, a fresh macadamia nut, a noni fruit, and a couple of fragrant yellow plumeria flowers. Brenda also let us pick a sprig of rosemary off the huge rosemary bush to try and fend off the mosquitoes! We also got a free bottlecap string toy, and it was like being a kid again. You have to be the interactive, curious type to enjoy the tour as there were a couple of bored, incurious types on the tour I was on who just sped up all the way to the other end of the plantation village without reading or seeing much, or even talking to the tour guide at all. But if you really get into it, it's worth much more than the $13!

They also have a great, cute gift shop filled with things that are handmade by people from the plantation village. You can also buy snack packs of fresh, cut sugarcane sticks for $1 per pack.

I would recommend the place to anyone who's interested in the Hawaiian plantation lifestyle. There are so many buildings and so many plants, and the tour guides are so knowledgeable and friendly. I am definitely going back for a second visit next time I'm on Oahu.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
6. Re: Are there any coffee plantations that we can visit on Oahu?

Aloha,

There is a chocolate plantation, also. It's on the North Shore, near Waialua, as is a coffee plantation. www.hawaiistateinfo.com/waialua.php

I was told that the chocolate plantation does tours, but I haven't tried one myself.

There may be a culinary tour that goes to the chocolate and the coffee plantations.

And a chocolate factory:

www.sugarmillhawaii.com/chocolate.htm

Mac farm: $15 to tour the farm, free for store - per website:

to-hawaii.com/oahu/…tropicalfarms.php

(Not the same one you mean, YYCMommy. I called the outlet re tour cost, but no one answered their phone.)

Happy Farming.

Aloha

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
7. Re: Are there any coffee plantations that we can visit on Oahu?

This link says the macadmia farm outlet tour is $15. Don't know how old the link is. So figure $20 at the most.

to-hawaii.com/oahu/…tropicalfarms.php

8. Re: Are there any coffee plantations that we can visit on Oahu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 pm, October 02, 2012