We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can we make it to the PCC in time?

Which Oahu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ILLINOIS
Can we make it to the PCC in time?

Our flight arrives around 3:30 p.m., and would like to make it to the 7:30 Polynesian CC Horizons show. They say it takes about an 1 hr to get there-do you think we have enough time or are we pushing it?

Also-do we need to buy tickets in advance, are the shows sold out every night? We are going to be there in Feb 06.

Thanks!!

Asharoken, LI
reviews: 8
1. Re: Can we make it to the PCC in time?

In the absence of traffic, I don't you would have a problem. Are you landing on a Saturday? Figure you should have your luggage and be in your rental car by 5pm worst case. Then, as an allowance for traffic, double the 1 hour it would ordinarily take to get to PCC. (I seriously doubt it would take that long, but this is worst case)...so you would still make it in time. Assuming your flight to HNL is on time.

As far as tix to Horizons, seating for the show is assigned based on how early you bought your tickets, so you should probably buy them as soon as they're available on line. When we visited this summer, they went on sale for late August about 4 weeks before. Keep checking the website.

Comox, Canada
reviews: 76
2. Re: Can we make it to the PCC in time?

There are a couple of things that you might want to consider before heading to the PCC the day you arrive (even if you are able to make it timewise).

If you are flying direct from Illinois you are going to have jet lag. By the time it is 7:30 in Hawaii I think you are going to be awfully tired and that could make driving back to your hotel rather difficult (if you are renting). Even if you aren't driving you'd still be really tired. At the start of the show, won't it already be around 12:30 or 1:30 AM where you are from (we are on the west coast of Canada, so I'm not exactly sure of the time difference from you part of the US)? I know that even though there is only 3 hours time difference between Hawaii and our home, we had trouble staying up late the first couple of nights.

Also, if you only get there for the show, you won't have time to visit the different villages. If memory serves me correctly there are 7 villages and throughout the afternoon there are shows/demonstrations at each. We got there around lunchtime and we still didn't have time to see everything.

Anyways, just a thought. The show is great, so whenever you decide to visit the PCC, I'm sure you'll love it.

Gloucester, United...
reviews: 45
3. Re: Can we make it to the PCC in time?

I agree with comoxbox and the concerns about driving. Getting there won't be so bad, but the traffic when leaving is very heavy and you really do need to have your wits about you. Also a total of about 3 hours driving for an 80 minute show does seem excessive. I would be inclined to leave the visit until you can spend a full day at the PCC. Even then it is difficult to fit everything in.

Lubbock, TX
reviews: 8
4. Re: Can we make it to the PCC in time?

I agree with Kietht. We just got back, spent a whole day (noon to 9) at PCC. Even though the luau wasn't great, and the evening show is clearly the highlight, spending the day going throught the villages was fantastic. We went straight from show to show in each village (took in 5 of them) and watched the canoe pageant - it ranked as high as the evening show on our enjoyment scale.