We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

supermarket

Which Oahu hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
winnipeg canada
supermarket

is it true that the supermarket by the name

off DAIAI is closing down for good?

Maui
reviews: 1
1. Re: supermarket

You mean Daiei? Wow, I hope not.

TEXAS
reviews: 2
2. Re: supermarket

i doubt it.

honolulu
reviews: 4
3. Re: supermarket

Daiei is going through lots of financial trouble & at one point said they'd be closing the store. But now they say they might not have to. One problem is WalMart :( I make it a point to go to Daiei - hope it's here next time you come!

Stephen Burdeau
4. Re: supermarket

Speaking of supermarkets.

Where can I find a supermarket near Mid Waikiki with good prices? I am hoping for something large, with a deli, bakery, etc.

Saint Paul...
reviews: 91
5. Re: supermarket

puzzled there is one on Kuhio Ave between Seaside Ave &

Walina St.

or you can go to the Foodland in Ala Moana Center, Mauka side.

and in a pinch the ABC STORES will suffice.

enjoy your stay!!

Molokai, Hawaii
reviews: 7
6. Re: supermarket

the food pantry on kuhio is big and has everything but the prices are about 50% higher than times or foodland for which you have to venture a few blocks out of waikiki. i used to live right behind that food pantry, it is tempting because it is so convenient.

Hawaii
reviews: 3
7. Re: supermarket

I don't think there is a supermarket in Waikiki, but there is an awesome bakery called St. Germaines on Kuhio Avenue. I hope they're still there! They make the softest, chewiest white bread I have ever had. I think that they might also be a deli, but I've never had any of their sandwiches. St Germaine's also has assorted pastries, most done in the Japanese style. It's worth a try if you've never tasted Japanese sweets. Most of them are so pretty you might not want to even eat them!

Get answers to your questions about Oahu