We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ellison looking to buy GO

Boston
Destination Expert
for Molokai
Ellison looking to buy GO

He who hestitates is lost. I just went to book our return flight from MKK to HNL with Mokulele. No flights available for the date we are leaving in April OR the previous day. My fault, as I was dragging my feet waiting for Hawaiian's new flights through Ohana. While online for Go airlines through google I noticed an article saying that Larry Ellison was looking to buy another airline. Of course he bought Island Air but is now going after Mesa, parent of Go who operates Mokulele. So, now looking at Island Air again! :( The time leaving Molokai would be

EARLY in the morning and create a long layover in Oahu. May book for the previous day flight so that we're not late. Just stay overnight at airport hotel on Oahu. Don't want to miss our return flight to mainland. I've gotten to distrust ontime flights with these airlines, sigh.

Westfield, New York
reviews: 5
1. Re: Ellison looking to buy GO

Bummer. I know there was a thread a few weeks ago about Ellison buying Go. Guess we'll just have to wait and see how that "goes" ;)

So have you given up altogether on taking Ohana? They should have a morning flight, and would hopefully be more reliable. But maybe you don't want to wait that long to book it. Good luck ... You'll feel so much better once you have this all set!

Indianapolis...
reviews: 5
2. Re: Ellison looking to buy GO

Several clarifications - if you are looking at April 2014, this is too far in advance. Mokulele has not released their schedule yet so no flights are bookable. I would check back in a couple of months.

2nd is that Mokulele is its own company now and has nothing to do with Go!. Go! and mokulele dissolved their relationship in late 2011.

Rumor posted on flyertalk about Ellison buying Go is that he intends to add first class or change the Go planes to be all first class to cater to high end travelers going to Lanai. The Island Air turboprops would remain all coach. The go planes would be rebranded as Island Air. This is all speculation however.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
3. Re: Ellison looking to buy GO

There are a couple good threads on Ellison buying "Go!"

My thoughts: He should have checked on the TripAdvisor Hawaii Forums before pulling out his check book!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Molokai
4. Re: Ellison looking to buy GO

You are right hanalei bound. I just called Mokulele and the said to check back the end of July because they haven't scheduled flights out that far yet. Whew, thought I was going to have to paddle board over to Oahu :)

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 39
5. Re: Ellison looking to buy GO

"My thoughts: He should have checked on the TripAdvisor Hawaii Forums before pulling out his check book!"

I bet he can get it for cheap and if he can turn it around or re outfit the planes he may have a winner. Not sure i would need first class for the long 20 minute flight or not but then, I am not exactly the Rockafellers.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Molokai
6. Re: Ellison looking to buy GO

Yea, I'm no Rocky Rockafefller either :) I'm a damned old yankee with the attitude of "waste not, want not" :)

Hana, Hawaii
7. Re: Ellison looking to buy GO

I wonder if Larry ever "visits" Hawaii TA? LOL

I bet he does buy "GO". All this talk about Ellison is making me want to spend some of HIS money! :)

LA
Destination Expert
for Kohala Coast, Island of Hawaii
reviews: 1
8. Re: Ellison looking to buy GO

Yes, caddy. Larry has been sighted in Hawaii.

On his megayacht. A guy can buy an island, but sometimes he just wants the cozy comforts of his yacht.

Boston
Destination Expert
for Molokai
9. Re: Ellison looking to buy GO

Hmm, I'll wave to him on his megayacht if I ever see him while floating on our "plastic banana" orange kayak :)

Australia
reviews: 8
10. Re: Ellison looking to buy GO

Hi

Everyone, I am booked with Mokulele next month, I have read conflicting reports, are they any good and on time?

Thanks