We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best airline to fly to Molokai

Lake Oswego, Oregon
reviews: 5
Best airline to fly to Molokai

Visiting my sister on Oahu in January and wanted to take an early flight over to Molokai for the mule ride to Kalaupapa. Don't know if we have much choice on the way over (need to arrive at about 7am), but which airline has the largest (safest?) planes going over there? Island Air has a flight that leaves early enough, but we have a choice for the return - Island Air or Mokulele. Island air seems to get bad reviews on the web. Mokulele has small planes (9 seaters), from what I have seen online. Am I missing any other airlines?

Thanks!

Boston
Destination Expert
for Molokai
1. Re: Best airline to fly to Molokai

There is another airline, Pacific Wings. Perhaps Hawaiian Air may be servicing Molokai, but thede is no set date for them to begin. The largest airline coming over here at this moment is Island Air. We have flown all three airlines at one time or another. I just use the one that has the best price and schedule to suit my needs. Have fun while on Molokai!

Lake Oswego, Oregon
reviews: 5
2. Re: Best airline to fly to Molokai

Thx. I booked Island Air.

Stanwood, WA
3. Re: Best airline to fly to Molokai

For what its worth, it looks like Island Air may be changing hands.

staradvertiser.com/news/…

airliners.net/aviation-forums/…

Bellingham...
reviews: 310
4. Re: Best airline to fly to Molokai

I did Island Air and they were late but service was good

Boston
Destination Expert
for Molokai
5. Re: Best airline to fly to Molokai

Hmmm, just read on another post that a private investor is taking them over. Speculation that it could be the guy that owns Oracle and just bought Lanai. He was over here last year and was down at the old Sheraton hotel on the West End. I hope he buys that place and fixes it up and buys Island Air too!! The folks here on Molokai need jobs and if the hotel re-opened it would put some people back to work, which is a good thing for the economy over here.

6. Re: Best airline to fly to Molokai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Molokai