We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do when you get off the ferry to Molokai

New York City, New...
reviews: 6
What to do when you get off the ferry to Molokai

What is there to do on Molokai once you arrive by ferry? Can you see some sights without a car? Is there a shuttle bus at the ferry?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Molokai
1. Re: What to do when you get off the ferry to Molokai

I don't think there's a shutte bus. perhaps someone else can tell you. If you don't want to rent a car you can walk from the pier to Kaunakakai town. There is a pizza cafe and Molokai Burger on the corner before you cross the street at the end of the pier where you can buy a snack or grab a coffee. There are some shops to go into and a local art gallery with many lovvely things to see. If you do want to take a ride around the island, contact Alamo Car Rental up at the airport and I'm sure they have a shuttle to come and pick you up. Have a great time on Molokai. If you happen to come on a Saturday, there is a Saturday Market with all types of vendors there selling their crafts and there are also many farmers selling their fresh fruits and veggies.

Westfield, New York
reviews: 5
2. Re: What to do when you get off the ferry to Molokai

You really need a car on Molokai in my opinion (and the bus 'system' is very feeble). You'll miss the beauty of the island if you aren't able to drive around to see it. I especially recommend the drive to Halawa Valley and also the Kaulapapa overlook. Gorgeous scenery. To come all the way over on the ferry just to walk around Kaunakakai town (which is quaint ... but very small!) ... is not really worth the trouble. Although I believe there are Molokai island 'tours' that would be worthwhile if you don't want to rent a car. And I bet they'd pick you up at the ferry.

Verona
reviews: 1
3. Re: What to do when you get off the ferry to Molokai

What activities would you recommend for a day trip to Molokai if you have a rent a car?

Bellingham...
reviews: 316
4. Re: What to do when you get off the ferry to Molokai

there are tons of things to do:

http://www.gohawaii.com/molokai/experiences

http://visitmolokai.com/activities.php

I personally liked sea kayaking, going to the Hipuapua Falls, going to the macadamia nut farm, and and exploring and messin' round at the beaches, I spent hours trying to get a coconut open with no tools at all and reaped the reward of fresh coconut, going to the farms.

But you NEED a rental car.

5. Re: What to do when you get off the ferry to Molokai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 31, 2014