We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Forum addiction

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Spokane, WA
reviews: 19
Forum addiction

I just ventured over to the Las Vegas forum, and I had to laugh as they have started a a link for those addicted to this forum. I think we all may need something simular on this site very soon. What do you think Jeepers?

211. Re: Forum addiction

Might rent one for a couple of days next time to do Northern Route, aswell as around Hana way. With 2 vechicles we might go to Haleakala and do some hiking leaving one vechicle at the start and the other waiting at the end of our hike, I read a post awhile back of someone who did this or was thinking of it.

Oregon
212. Re: Forum addiction

do a bit of google searching on that I saw an article about leaving a vehicle at the top and riding down but not on the road another trail of some sort that does a ridge off the creater. I will see if I can find it.

213. Re: Forum addiction

Tragic story in Today's Maui News...car went over the edge.

Oregon
214. Re: Forum addiction

ust read the story how sad.

Salt Spring Island...
reviews: 2
215. Re: Forum addiction

Very tragic...my heart goes out to the family....

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 27
216. Re: Forum addiction

I wonder how frequently that happens? And bike accidents? It seems like a very dangerous road, but I wonder if the number of accidents equate to the apparent danger. Still ,any accident is one too many. Very sad.

Salt Spring Island...
217. Re: Forum addiction

Hey there, Kat339!!

Yup.....have been back just about 10 days, and was so busy with work once I got back, that I have not been able to post. I know what you all mean about the forum addiction!! I must have drove my Hubby crazy in Maui with "so and so said on the boards....." with a particular Maui site, restaurant, Beach...anything from these boards!!

Our holiday was FABULOUS!!! Not a surprise for Maui, is it?? The only thing unfortunately thing was that it is too SHORT!! Next time it's 2 or 3 weeks or Nothin'!!! Just one piece of advise..I booked the OLL for the first full day we were there...which was Easter Sunday. My youngest (8) was still pretty jet lagged, and was almost asleep before the entertainment even started. If I was to do it again, I would book the luao mid week; once everyone is over the jet lag.

Kehei was fabulous...a great family area. We have been to the West side before; but that was just hubby and I. We snorkelled everywhere...although I didn't get to La Perouse Bay...so saving that for next time!! The Haleakala (?) hike was great for all of us, but I got car sick going back down..but I get motion sick easily. Don't forget the suncreen for the face up there too!!

The Mana Kai was everthing and more I wanted in a Condo...highly recommended!!

I thought of you often at the Maui Hill....were you pleased staying there? It too, looked nice!

I want sooo much to go back!!! waaa!!

Illinois
218. Re: Forum addiction

GLM,

Good to hear from you! I can, or I should say my husband, can relate so much to the "so and so said...". This forum and it's posters were a great resource! I totally agree that our time there was far to short!

We thought the Maui Hill was great. The 2br/2ba condo was HUGE. the lanai was very big and we had decent views of the ocean. It wasn't really a hassle to pack up all of our stuff and drive across to the parking lot behind Mana Kai. I thought of you those days we played at that beach and wished our trips would have overlapped so we could have met. I kicked myself for not having asked your name! I would have loved to surprised you and left some the beach toys and etc. that we bought but didn't want to take home.

I posted to Wis when I returned on a thread titled "To Wis - Mendez Ranch" if you care to find it. I talked about our ride experience which was probably the highlight of our trip. We talked about you and were jealous knowing you were there at that point!

It was fun getting to know you a little. Maybe fate will bring us together on a future trip....one never knows! Take care! Kathy

Salt Spring Island...
219. Re: Forum addiction

Kat!!

WOW...you were on "our" Beach? (LOL! That's what Wis and I say!!). As were were leaving, Hubby was struggling to get the suitcases in the car, and the beach toys just sat there. You got it...he said, to find someone on the beach to donate the toys to. The first lady with kids said "no, thanks",......what??? The next lady practically kissed me with thanks!!

I know we will be back in Maui again....maybe next year. My oldest is starting High School and has always being paranoid about missing even ONE DAY of school....it drives me a little crazy!! Anyway.....one week was WAY TOO short, so next time it's 2 weeks or nothing!!

It has been SOOOOO great getting to "know you".....let's be in touch. Have you e-mailed Wis directly? She has my e-mail....

Illinois
220. Re: Forum addiction

GLM,

My weekend of "falling off the forum wagon" is almost over.

You seem like someone I would love to have for a neighbor! I think our daughters would have hit it off. Alyssa is a total water girl, no fear with snorkeling or whatever she is challenged to do. Otherwise, she is so responsible and HATES the thought of missing school. More for academic reasons than social. I was that way also, but more because I was afraid to miss out socially!

My email is jaksichs@direcway.com if you do want to keep in touch. This forum has been great but it's time for me to move on....

Wishing you many more wonderful travel experiences!

Kathy