We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kaanapali Beach Hotel room recommendations?

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
california
Kaanapali Beach Hotel room recommendations?

We are a family of four, kids aged 2 and 4 years, and my sister. We'll be staying at the KBH in February. I'm so confused over things I've read and am looking for recommendations on the "best" rooms to get.

I understand that some of the buildings don't have elevators, so those are out. Does anyone out there know what rooms that leaves to choose from? Is a garden view really a garden view? Is the ocean front really ocean front? How far is it from the ocean? How far are the other rooms?

Would love to hear more from anyone who's stayed there.

Ukiah, Calif
reviews: 10
1. Re: Kaanapali Beach Hotel room recommendations?

Hi tzt,

We will be going back to the KBH on Jan 10 for our second time. I would recommend the Maui or Kaui wings. Not the Molokai. Since you have little ones i would also suggest ground floor. A garden view is truly a beautiful view. And yes, ocean front is definately front, but the concrete beachwalk is between you and the beach (busy with people). It is a very short walk to the beach from any of the rooms. The kids will love the "whale" shaped pool.

Go here and click on Ka'anapali Beach Hotel to see how it is situated to the beach.

http://www.wizardpub.com/maui/mauwestmap.html

The KBH is a good choice imho of course. I know you will have a great time.

texas
reviews: 4
2. Re: Kaanapali Beach Hotel room recommendations?

Stayed at KBH for christmas. The Lanai and Maui wings are the remodeled wings. We were in Lanai 557 and I thought it was a very nice room. Also stayed in Kaui 365 for a few days when we first got there. Requested to be moved since we had 2 boys and this room only had a king bed and a day bed. Since hotel was booked over Christmas had to make due for a few days. Kaui wing was clean but a little dated, definately not as nice as other 2 wings. Molokai wings have no elevator. I also had read many negative reviews but after visiting I was very pleased. Nothing is perfect, but esp. for the price I had no complaints.

3. Re: Kaanapali Beach Hotel room recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, August 23, 2009