We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui Aloha Condo Rentals: anybody rented from this agency??

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Canada
reviews: 27
Maui Aloha Condo Rentals: anybody rented from this agency??

I have come across some very nice, reasonably priced, condo rentals in the Kihei area listed on a site called Maui Aloha Condo Rentals. Initially, I found one of the units listed through VRBO; when I sent an enquiry to the owner, a manager @ Maui Aloha replied to my questions.

Has anyone had any experiences with this particular company? I haven't seen the website or heard of this company before so would really appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.

washington state
reviews: 4
1. Re: Maui Aloha Condo Rentals: anybody rented from this agency??

I've never heard of it but there are dozens and dozens of property mgmt companies on Maui.

Kihei, HI
reviews: 2
2. Re: Maui Aloha Condo Rentals: anybody rented from this agency??

I, personally, have a problem with a managemnet company that lists on a "by owner" web site unless they actually own those properties listed. Remember, these sites exist so that you can deal directly with the owner and cut out the middleman. Why visit VRBO and get hitched up to an agent taking a commission on someone elses investment ? It's obvious why they advertise there but I can't see how they can actually be competitive for the same quality product unless the owner is willing to forgoe some serious profit.

Canada
3. Re: Maui Aloha Condo Rentals: anybody rented from this agency??

Apparently, the owner of the properties is a real estate agent, so the VRBO site is his option, I suppose. As I understand it, properties in Maui are supposed to have an on-island management company. I believe that CHISUE rents her condo through VRBO and also has a managment company.

Has anyone dealt with Maui Aloha Condo Rentals recently??

Thx.

Canada
4. Re: Maui Aloha Condo Rentals: anybody rented from this agency??

Apparently, the owner of the properties is a real estate agent, so the VRBO site is his option, I suppose. As I understand it, properties in Maui are supposed to have an on-island management company. I believe that CHISUE rents her condo through VRBO and also has a managment company.

Has anyone dealt with Maui Aloha Condo Rentals recently??

Thx.

Canada
5. Re: Maui Aloha Condo Rentals: anybody rented from this agency??

Has anybody rented from this outfit or rented VRBO #90912 (Maui Vista #2317 renovated) from the owner?

Thx!

washington state
reviews: 4
6. Re: Maui Aloha Condo Rentals: anybody rented from this agency??

I have not sorry. Just make sure all of your questions are answered and you see pictures of the interior. If you like the unit go ahead and do it.

I am familiar with the complex. It's grounds are nicely kept and so are the pools. We looked at a unit there with our real estate agent and it had a great view. It was on one of the higher floors.

Chicagoland
7. Re: Maui Aloha Condo Rentals: anybody rented from this agency??

It seems that this is a lead-in to a group of owners who post all of their properties under this heading. I don't know that anyone is making a commission when someone rents from one of the owners. Probably the owners pay a fee to be on this website, though.

We employ a vacation rental management agency mainly to care for our condo -- housekeeping, on call for guest questions/problems, etc. They also book guests into our condo when we do not have direct owner bookings. It's about 30% their bookings and 70% our bookings now. When people book direct, they get our specific condo. When they book through the agency they get "a condo" in Maui Kamaole -- and pay more for it.

Chicagoland
8. Re: Maui Aloha Condo Rentals: anybody rented from this agency??

Almost forgot -- The daughter of friends stayed at Maui Vista last February. Said it was clean and worth the price. I thought its location would be great for someone without a car; could walk to the grocery and beach. She had a studio, garden view. I think it had a Murphy bed.

Kihei, HI
reviews: 2
9. Re: Maui Aloha Condo Rentals: anybody rented from this agency??

Based on their web site, prices look marked up by roughly 20% to me. They've got the Maui Vista "from $100 / night". On VRBO, it's mostly $75-$85. This is all for 1 bedrooms of course. Typical embedded commission for a management company that doesn't even pay for decent google positioning ! If you google "Maui Aloha Condo Rentals" they don't come up, only a bunch of their competition and this is THEIR name ! I was only able to find them by typing in their link directly.

The Maui Vista has small units (588 sqft.) with even smaller lanais that barely can fit 2 chairs, forget the table! It's not quite located in south Kihei but is moe convenient to central Kihei than a true south Kihei complex. Generally amongst the last complexes to rent in any season, it's most popular with first timers to Kihei who haven't learned the "lay of the land" yet. It's only saving grace is that it's 3 midrise buildings on fairly nicely kept grounds, so it looks like what folks would expect a typical resort to look like.

There's an old saying that, "everyone who lives in Kihei, first lived in the Maui Vista". Obviously a gross exaggeration, but it pretty much sums up this complex that never quite satisfies,

Canada
10. Re: Maui Aloha Condo Rentals: anybody rented from this agency??

Actually, I have stayed at Maui Vista for the past two years, in three different units. I DO like the place. Have met some very nice people, living and renting there, know an owner /manager, plus the complex is a good location for our purposes. The caveat with the MV is getting a reno'd unit because some of them can be quite horrid if not kept up--I have rented one of those already and don't care to repeat that experience.

I guess that I will quit so being so cautious and rent the reno'd unit from the realtor who posted on VRBO. Or stick with the acquaintance who owns and manages units there!! The rates are similar.

Thanks for the input.