We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thank you Trip Advisor, and the wonderful people in it

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 11
Thank you Trip Advisor, and the wonderful people in it

I just wanted to say thank you trip advisor and the wonderful people in it for mentioning to me the www.discounthawaiicarrental.com i managed to get a $450 car down to $300 so far and continuing to watch and monitor the rate. Again thankyou everyone so much.

6 replies to this topic
reviews: 685
1. Re: Thank you Trip Advisor, and the wonderful people in it

Congrats and happy planning to you! :)

anchorage
reviews: 6
2. Re: Thank you Trip Advisor, and the wonderful people in it

This is the number one tip that I learned from TA, after three years of visiting Hawaii without the benefit of these forums. I used to prepay our car rental, to get rid of an expense......ugh!!! I would check back on the reservation maybe once to look for a lower price, but never would I check everyday!

This one tip has saved me thousands of dollars over just two and a half years! Our price regularly goes from $900 for 18 nights or so down to just under $300, on our last trip. That is major savings!

I do check everyday because I never know when that big drop will happen. I have experienced a huge cut in price, only to have the price go up the next day and stay high for weeks! I am so happy you are now playing the car rental game! Deb

Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 19
3. Re: Thank you Trip Advisor, and the wonderful people in it

Glad it is working out for you! I didn't know about TA when I first started traveling, but do glad I found it! Have fun and good luck continuing to watch the numbers.

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 2
4. Re: Thank you Trip Advisor, and the wonderful people in it

Great deal.. I am still hoping to get mine down lower... it's $440 from Thrity's and best deal so far, for 11 days. This site is amazing.

New York City, New...
5. Re: Thank you Trip Advisor, and the wonderful people in it

Great news. Keep watching it may drop again!

Nanaimo, Canada
6. Re: Thank you Trip Advisor, and the wonderful people in it

I just tried on the same site.. and it was $800 for the cheapest. I keep checking, guess I should be happy with what I already got, but it's always nice to save a few bucks.

Reply to: Thank you Trip Advisor, and the wonderful people in it
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted