We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 19

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 19
Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 19

Road to Hana!! My Aunt and Uncle wanted to do both RTH and Haleakala and SW suggested I move them up to make sure we did it. So glad we did!! Thank you SW!!!

…wordpress.com/2013/07/29/b-n-bha-day-19/

Will continue working on the Haleakala blog!

12 replies to this topic
Honolulu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
1. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 19

I'm so glad you changed your Hana day's!! Awesome pictures, travel bugged. Love the one's of the falls and the rainbow eucalyptus. Thanks!!

Wayne, New Jersey
2. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 19

Gorgeous photos and adventure!! Love the picture of you and your family in front of the waterfall. You all are so nice and tan! The kids look so adorable on the tree and those rainbow trees are stunning. I can't wait to get there. Only 2 more days!

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 25
3. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 19

Do you ever get some of your pictures printed and framed? Those ones of the rainbow eucalyptus trees are just beautiful!

I like the kids playing on the banyan tree as well. Lots of great memories on this trip!

And so glad to know that you made the trip earlier in the week!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park
reviews: 6
4. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 19

Great pics as usual!!! So glad you had such a beautiful day for the adventure.

anchorage
5. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 19

What I noticed the most was that you seemed to be all alone on the Pipiwai Trail, but yet the Oheo Gulch was busy with people. I am just so hoping for that scenario when we hike the trail because it seems so peaceful and amazing with only yourselves! It's liking owning multi-million dollar property for that space in time and so special. I loved all the photos, but the banyan tree with the kids were wonderful, Loved the falls and were those eucalyptus trees the ones by the open field or did you find different ones?

I really appreciate the perspectives you take on shooting your photos and we do a lot of the same shots, but I am using a much different camera than previous trips so it is super exciting! I am happy I have spent this summer hiking my backyard so hopefully that two mile stretch will be a snap. Nice to know it will be down hill on the way back. Loved the family photos and you guys all look so at home. Thanks for the blog! Deb

P.S. Happy that Flossie didn't reek havoc and basically blew over for the most part!

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
reviews: 12
6. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 19

Really wonderful entry in your blog, your pics are great! So glad you had good info from sw and took her advice.

What I love is that your Aunt and Uncle's grins just get bigger!! They are gonna have a heck of a time selecting their pic for the Christmas card! They all look lovely.

Coos Bay, Oregon
7. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 19

Thanks again for sharing ! Great pics ! Love the one of your puppies.

Patty

New Berlin, WI
reviews: 9
8. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 19

Excellent pictures! WOW! Thanks for sharing again. That waterfall was spectacular! Loved the trees too. What a fantastic day!

Vacaville...
9. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 19

Lovely. What a great tour guide you are! I appreciate your blog.

Brisbane
reviews: 43
10. Re: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 19

How did I miss day 19! Loving the photos. Mahalo for sharing!

Reply to: Big Adventure Trip Report- Day 19
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted