We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

christmas eve church services & christmas day brunch

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
christmas eve church services & christmas day brunch

we are staying at the Whaler... any ideas where christmas eve church services are... & a decent (family budget priced) brunch for Christmas day ?? Do we need reservations now ? We have 3 daughters 12,11,& 7...that do not eat a ton... nearby would be nice... walking for brunch would be great !

thanks in advance...

S W Arkansas
Destination Expert
for Kihei, Maui, Hana, Haleakala National Park
reviews: 16
1. Re: christmas eve church services & christmas day brunch

Check the Kannapali Beach Hotel for a walk to brunch. Give them a call. It might be a little early for reservations but maybe not.

Holiday brunches and church services won't be in the papers for a few more weeks.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
reviews: 6
2. Re: christmas eve church services & christmas day brunch

Aloha,

I agree with Barefoot, but be aware that KBH's buffets have gone up in price. What do you call "family budget priced"? $25.00, 35.00, etc? Give us a dollar number and it will help is help you.

What denomination of church service do you want? There are Christmas Eve service in Lahaina that are Catholic, Methodist, Baptist, Episcopal...........

Seattle, Washington
3. Re: christmas eve church services & christmas day brunch

family budget... $35 per person...

we aren't catholic..christrian affiliate would be great...

we have a snorkeling trip planned for sunday so, sunday brunches are out..

thanks so much !

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 29
4. Re: christmas eve church services & christmas day brunch

Last year in December I recall seeing a sign for outdoor services at Whaler's Village, maybe it was at Hula Grill. This was a regular Sunday service and I believe there was some sort of Christmas service as well, but it was probably morning. Does anyone know more about that? ( I would be curious to know if there will be a Sunday service there for our January trip as well.)

It also seems like there might have been an outdoor church service at one of the resorts just north of Black Rock, but maybe I'm getting it mixed up with a luau! Anyway an outdoor service would be my choice. Guess I didn't help much, but maybe this will spark the memory of someone who knows more.

Hope you wonderful family trip!

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
reviews: 6
5. Re: christmas eve church services & christmas day brunch

Aloha,

Teri, your memory is good. There is always a non-denominational beach service on the beach in front of Whaler's Village, at Christmas. There are also services down near Canoe Beach, off Wahikuli Beach Park (every week).

Mazy, I fear your budget is low for buffets at holiday time. Most of the buffets will be more like 45-50 for the less expensive (reduced prices for kids), and the resort ones will be from about 60/PP on up. You might want to read the links I posted about Thanksgiving meals, the Xmas prices will be similar (and the menus too).

Look into Holy Innocents Church, Waiola Church, maybe Kumalani Chapel.

6. Re: christmas eve church services & christmas day brunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, December 16, 2013