We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton w/Free Breakfast for 2, but family of 4

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
reviews: 2
Sheraton w/Free Breakfast for 2, but family of 4

Hi, we'll be at the Sheraton in a few weeks with "Daily Buffet Breakfast for Two" included. However, the family is 4 members. Looks like the buffet is a bit pricey. Any strategies to help with the costs? Kids are 10 & 15 so I assume one will get a kids' rate but spending $300 - $400 for breakfast over the week seems high. Can you find reduced price vouchers somewhere?

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
reviews: 15
1. Re: Sheraton w/Free Breakfast for 2, but family of 4

Did you pay extra for the two buffets (that you can discern) or were they tossed in as a sweetener for a package?

The breakfast buffet at the Sheraton Maui is the best I have ever seen. Excellent. And it (like other resort breakfast buffets) is pricey. It also gets to be ALOT of food on a daily basis.

I would not hurt to call the Sheraton and tell them about your situation. See if they can cut you a deal.

They also (and you should confirm this) have a 'la carte breakfasts which may better mean your needs while you share you "buffet" breakfasts with your kids.

If you have the chance - see if you can opt out totally of the daily breakfast and get that money back. There are SO many wonderful places to have breakfast in the Ka'anapali area.

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 2
2. Re: Sheraton w/Free Breakfast for 2, but family of 4

It was part of a Costco Travel package. I saw the a la carte menu online but it looked pretty pricey (yogurt = $12, pancakes $19). Calling the hotel is an interesting idea (thanks!). I also just did a quick Craiglist query to see if anyone sells unused vouchers (if you even get a paper thing) but didn't see anything.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
3. Re: Sheraton w/Free Breakfast for 2, but family of 4

I would be surprised if they used paper. They'll just take your room number.

split your morning between breakfast at the Sheraton and breakfast somewhere else.

Let us know what they say when you call them.

ON, Canada
reviews: 34
4. Re: Sheraton w/Free Breakfast for 2, but family of 4

You could take turns if you don't mind eating breakfast separately ... e.g. the kids might want to sleep late one day & you and DH can go for the buffet (keep some breakfast items in the room). On other days one parent/one child. Maybe pick a day when you all go together & splurge for the extra cost then.

Or as BLBL mentions, if you can use 4 one day, none the next, you can alternate your days.

Enjoy your trip!

San Diego...
reviews: 20
5. Re: Sheraton w/Free Breakfast for 2, but family of 4

The Sheraton breakfast buffet in Poipu, Kauai is the best breakfast I have ever had! My family still talks about it 2 years later! Unfortunately, there were no options for discounts, and we had to pay $22 each for the teens. But we did skip lunch, so if you consider it that way it's worth it.

I agree with the other poster who suggested trading off. Get some breakfast bars or pop tarts and just eat in the room when it's not your day.

California
Destination Expert
for Oahu
6. Re: Sheraton w/Free Breakfast for 2, but family of 4

People have been known to sneak banana bread back to their room. Shhh! Simply a rumor.

Shorewood, Illinois
reviews: 49
7. Re: Sheraton w/Free Breakfast for 2, but family of 4

You can always get a great breakfast at Cane and Taro by Whalers Village.

Shorewood, Illinois
reviews: 49
8. Re: Sheraton w/Free Breakfast for 2, but family of 4

You can always get a great breakfast at Cane and Taro by Whalers Village.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 29
9. Re: Sheraton w/Free Breakfast for 2, but family of 4

Cane and Taro is now Maui Fish and Pasta. Is their menu the same? We did like their breakfasts when they were Cane and Taro. I like the old name much better too!

Vancouver, British...
reviews: 29
10. Re: Sheraton w/Free Breakfast for 2, but family of 4

When we last stayed there they gave vouchers - one voucher per person per day (for 2 people only). There were 3 of us, my husband, son and I. We stayed for a week (and got 14 vouchers) - all 3 of us had the buffett for 4 mornings, one morning 2 of us had the buffett while the 3rd ordered a la carte from the menu. The other mornings we went to CJ's Diner which had great breakfasts at a good price. It is behind the Sheraton - across from the golf course. The Hotel can give you directions