We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Finding a Dive Buddy

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Canada
reviews: 7
Finding a Dive Buddy

My husband and I are heading to Maui for a few weeks and he's taking his diving gear. Does anyone know of a way to meet up with other divers who want to dive off the beach rather than diving on his own?

Houston
reviews: 10
1. Re: Finding a Dive Buddy

Probably best bet to hang around a couple of dive shops. The people that work there can probably hook him up. Or take a couple of boat dives and see if any of them would be up for beach diving as well

Princeville, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
2. Re: Finding a Dive Buddy

If you have a facebook page, look up FIN Maui. This is a group of Maui divers and snorkelers that go out together once a month. They may have an event going when you are there or can give you ideas where to find a dive buddy. I too, like rexster suggest you also check out the dive shops.

San Jose, California
reviews: 20
3. Re: Finding a Dive Buddy

Scubaboard.com is a decent resource as well for finding such people. When are you there? My lady is my dive buddy but we'd certainly be open to diving with others on our next trip mid January.

Here's the specific scubaboard forum: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/hawaii/

Portland, Oregon
4. Re: Finding a Dive Buddy

DebinCalgary

When are you guys going to be in Maui? What side of the island?

We are going in a few weeks, there will be three of us and we plan to do some shore diving.

Bronwyn

feel free to message me

Calgary, Canada
reviews: 7
5. Re: Finding a Dive Buddy

Hi Bronwyn

We are leaving Nov 11 and will be there till Dec 2. The first 10 days we are up neear Kannapali and then down in Kihei. If you are there at the same time I'm sure he'd love to hook up with you.

THANKS !

Deb

Madison, Alabama
reviews: 50
6. Re: Finding a Dive Buddy

Aloha!

Hubby & I will just miss y'all as we're to arrive on Maui on 12/05!! He's also looking for a dive buddy since it sure isn't going to be yours truly! LOL

I never found FIN Maui on Facebook, but he did hook up with the scuba board forum which is a most annoying site as far as technical glitches.

Princeville, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Hana, Oahu
reviews: 2
7. Re: Finding a Dive Buddy

I don't have a facebook account, so can't help you there but try this.

maui.fin@gmail.com

8. Re: Finding a Dive Buddy

Did your husband find someone to shore dive with? We will be staying in Kihei from Nov 23-Dec 2.

9. Re: Finding a Dive Buddy

Going to Maui in march 14 to 22 ,2013. Same as last person, was just wondering best way to hook up with a dive partner.I was on a tight budget so did not want to boat dive this time. It would be safer then diving alone. And great way to meet new people.

10. Re: Finding a Dive Buddy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 29, 2014