We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay on Maui

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Prince George...
reviews: 2
Where to stay on Maui

Of course we all want it all!! We are trying to find the best place to stay for us. We are looking for a conda/villa/house...will consider the right hotel. Beachfront desired with oceanview, if not beachfront, oceanview being on the ocean would work (very close beach). We would like ground floor. A nice sand beach but still within reasonable distance for going out/dinner ect...

We really like the looks of Ma'alaea Surf but there is nothing available when we are coming, this accomodation is almost perfect for us! A little more beach, less wind and it would be a dream.

We are coming Feb 9/13-Feb 19/13. Any and all suggestions are so appreciated.

This vacation is about having a relaxinghome location with option to go out, adventure and have some fun.

Maui, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Maui, Waikiki
reviews: 75
1. Re: Where to stay on Maui

February is a busy month.

I would look at package deal with the airlines that service your area.

When they package the hotel or condo, car and flight you can save

money.

Sounds like wind is not your favorite thing so I would look at the South part

of Kaanapali.

Sorry I am not so familiar with the micro climates of Kihei area.

reviews: 740
2. Re: Where to stay on Maui

Honua Kai! :)

Chicagoland
3. Re: Where to stay on Maui

As you have seen, you are starting late for a very popular season on Maui. You may need to use a Realtor or vacation rental agency. Bello Realty in Kihei is good. We use this agency to look after our condo and our guests: www.crhmaui.com Ali`i Resorts is another good agency in South Maui.

For beachfront, look at Polo Beach Club, Wailea Ekahi and Elua, Makena Surf, the Makena Beach & Golf Resort (hotel), and all of the Wailea hotels. (Fairmont has oceanfront villas and the Grand Wailea has condos across the road from the hotel.) South Kihei has many condos with ocean view. Use this site, and start with Maui Vista to be walking distance to the Kamaole beaches: www.hawaiirevealed.com

Cars are also in short supply in February. Reserve yours today.

Edited: 11:28 am, October 11, 2012
Prince George...
reviews: 2
4. Re: Where to stay on Maui

Thank you so much for you help! This is what we have come up with as to what is important to us. We want to in South Maui. Now here is where I need suggestions....we want to be right on the oceann(view a must) with a sand beach in a condo/townhouse/villa, small property or spread out to make it feel not as busy.

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 29
5. Re: Where to stay on Maui

We haven't stayed in South Maui yet, but have been researching for our January trip. Your description sounds like Wailea Elua or Ekahi. One thing I learned, though is that at Ekahi the grounds are beautiful and many of the units are too. However, there are some real stinkers! If you rent from the resort, it's just the luck of the draw whether you get a beautifully updated unit or a dirty, buggy out-dated one, so rent from agency or directly from the owner. The buildings at the back of the complex can be a 12 minute walk (through gorgeous green space) to the beach.

In the end we decided on Makena Beach and Golf Resort since we have a condo for the first half of our trip and its just the two of us.

We also love Honua Kai, but it doesn't match your description. Bet you'll love Maui wherever you stay.

6. Re: Where to stay on Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, December 15, 2013