We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Day 4 - Dreaming with the Fishes

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
reviews: 14
Trip Report Day 4 - Dreaming with the Fishes

Losing track of days on our Maui adventure.

Link to Day 3 is here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29220-i86-k565412…

So the big lesson today was from physics -- every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

DH and my kids are not morning people. So I picked our Scuba dive more on checkin time than destination. Next time, we'll bet the bullet for the better dive site but this was a good intro.

We used Lahiana Divers. They were great. Professional, friendly and provided snacks. Tasty snacks.

I get seasick in a bathtub so took bonine before we left. And a ginger pill. Happily, the seas were really calm and the boat trip short. So no adverse reaction. The first dive site was not much different from the hotel reef we snorkelled yesterday but we did see some turtles under little caves and more fish. It was the second dive that was the standout. Mala Pier right in Lahaina. The Pier was damaged from its building in the 20's or 30's and eventually fell over in a hurricane. So you get great structure to swim around and thru. Lots of fish. 2 reef sharks. Turtles. Really a great dive.

Back to the dock and home to clean up before dinner. That bonine pill is starting to make me very, very sleepy. We pulled into Aloha Mixed Grill. Did not want to wait the 45 min. Ended up at Capt. Jacks for great setting upstairs on an open porch. Burgers were fine. It was quick which was good as I was asleep before I hit the pillow. I have no idea what else happened that night as I was dreaming of my dive.

Nanaimo, Canada
reviews: 28
1. Re: Trip Report Day 4 - Dreaming with the Fishes

Good dreams I hope! Did all four of you go diving?

We sent our sun out to Molokini for a dive trip in 2010 when we took our three kids, but he was sick all the way out there. He had to quit his second dive early too, because he was still getting sick down under. So maybe being sleepy is better!

Looking forward to your next adventure!

Brisbane
reviews: 41
2. Re: Trip Report Day 4 - Dreaming with the Fishes

Sounds like another fantastic day! =D

South Florida...
Destination Expert
for Miami, Key Largo
reviews: 14
3. Re: Trip Report Day 4 - Dreaming with the Fishes

It was a fantastic day -- neglected to mention we finally got our shave ice -- at Local Boys. It has a scoop of ice cream in the bottom. Was wonderful.

reviews: 740
4. Re: Trip Report Day 4 - Dreaming with the Fishes

Another beautiful day in paradise! :)

5. Re: Trip Report Day 4 - Dreaming with the Fishes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 21, 2013