We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to go?

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
manchester
reviews: 2
where to go?

hi there my husband and i are from england.in june we are going on a 7 week tour of america with hawaii being our last destination,the problem is we havnt got a clue on where to stay in hawaii,is maui the best destination?we want somewhere really relaxing and romantic to end the trip with because the places we are visiting in america arnt really beach holidays so we will really need a rest!i would be very grateful for any recommendations or tips.(if it helps i am 24 years old and my husband is 34 years old.)

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 31
1. Re: where to go?

Hello there! Well, Maui is a great island for several reason - lots of restaurants, shopping, art galleries, and of course, all the beach stuff, along w/an extinct volcano to explore. It's a happy medium for most people. But my favorite island would be Kauai - it's that romantic, relaxing tropical paradise that most people envision when they think of Hawaii. In fact, most of the cover pictures on Hawaiian travel books were taken in Kauai. Since you are going in June, I would stay on the North shore near Hanalei or Princeville - absolutely some of the most stunning scenery on the planet. Drive to Ke'e beach and your cares will drift away for the day!! :) Here is a great website:

www.kauaidiscovery.com But either Kauai or Maui would be a great Hawaiian experience. If you do end up in Maui, make sure you do the road to Hana - all the way around. Best of luck and have a wonderful time exploring the United States! :)

manchester
2. Re: where to go?

hi coalminer thank-you for your advice,after looking on the website you recommended and doing a little more research i think we will probaly go with kauie rather than maui,it looks gorgeous!any hotel recommendations would be greatly welcomed!many thanks

Durham, NC
reviews: 1
3. Re: where to go?

Other than rest and beach going, is there anything else you want to do? Do you like to snorkel or hike or explore? Also, how long are you going to be in Hawaii?

manchester
4. Re: where to go?

hi there we are only going to be there a week.we would love to snorkel and deffinatly want to do a bit of exploring

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 31
5. Re: where to go?

Hello again! And I forgot to say congratulations by the way! Good for you in selecting Kauai - what kind of lodging are you looking for?? There is the luxurious Princeville Resort, as well as every kind of condo, cottage and assorted places to stay in Kauai. I would also highly recommend a book called the Ultimate Kauai Revealed - excellent details that will really help you in picking snorkeling spots, beaches, restaurants, activities, etc. Kauai has so many beautiful places to see and things to do.

You may want to start posting any specific question on the Kauai forum, rather than here in the Maui forum. You will get more responses that way and you can search in the forum for previous discussions about lodging, restaurants, etc. Best of luck! :)

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
reviews: 25
6. Re: where to go?

newly, check out www.kapaasands.com. I don't know if it's as romantic as you'd want, but we love it. It's a very small condo of mostly studios that sit about 30 feet from mean high tide. Many of the units have pull-down Murphy beds, so you have plenty of room during the day. All have full kitchens. It's quiet and pretty, great management, and in a good location close to shops and restaurants. It's on the east shore which gives you easy access to both north and south shores.

manchester
7. Re: where to go?

thank-you for all your advice!cant wait to get there it looks lovely!