We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Condo Suggestions

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alpine, Utah
Need Condo Suggestions

Hi everyone: I accidentally posted this in the Lahaina Forum, so I'm posting this again. We we are interested in any area on Maui. We are headed to Maui the first week of April 2013 for 10 days. There are 4 of us 2 adults and two teens. Our budget is around $300 to $350 per night. We would love to stay in a condo that is on the beach (prefer one good for boogie boarding or swimming). It must be clean and have separate beds for the teens (boy and girl). We also prefer a King bed for us adults as my husband is tall and needs to sleep on the diagonal so his feet don't hang off the end. We will probably spend one or two days sight seeing, and the rest just relaxing on the beach, snorkeling, surfing, etc. Prefer an area that is a little quieter but not isolated. Still want access to casual restaurants for dinner and trips to farmers market for fresh local foods. Any suggestions?

Perth, Australia
reviews: 27
1. Re: Need Condo Suggestions

Have you had a look at vrbo?

www.vrbo.com

They are condos owned privately scattered all over the world... but just click on Hawaii, then Maui and then any area you want.

The site gives information on the condo, what is provided - some even provide beach towels, and snorkelling and surfing gear etc.

Also bedding configuration, and what kitchen appliances, even a barbecue, which we find ideal at our establishment on Kauai, so we could just relax around the pool.

Plus, each site has photos and reviews .. so it gives you a pretty good idea on what you are getting.

Ka'anapali is a popular area .. not far from Lahaina where there is a Safeway store... and has heaps of restaurants and shopping.

monterey
2. Re: Need Condo Suggestions

Check Maui Eldorado on VRBO.

Florence, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Oregon Coast
reviews: 15
3. Re: Need Condo Suggestions

Hale Pau Hana fit's your budget and it's on a GREAT all-round beach.

http://www.hphresort.com/index.php

Pacific Northwest
reviews: 75
4. Re: Need Condo Suggestions

Yep, with two teenage kids, you want to rent a 3BR house or condo if you can. Otherwise, a spacious 2BR condo could work with one of them sleeping on the pull-out couch in the LR. Space and privacy will probably be more important than a pool, since Maui has some of the best beaches in the world.

VRBO, FlipKey and Homeaway are good ways to find what you are looking for. When I find a place I think I will like, I also try to find it here to see if anyone has reviewed it on TA. FWIW, we've had the best luck renting from people who live on the island and via local property management companies. Maui Revealed has a good list of reputable property management firms near the back of the book.

At your price point, I'm sure you will find plenty of great options. We just settled on what we expect to be a very nice 3BR house in Kihei for well under $300 per night.

BTW, Aston Maui Hill 2BR condos are very spacious within walking distance to a great beach, so that might be a good option...and they have a pleasant pool.

Happy hunting!

Gig Harbor...
reviews: 110
5. Re: Need Condo Suggestions

Once I got to the part about "a little quieter" I thought about Wailea. Wailea Ekahi has very spacious units, it's a large complex with huge grounds - but winds down to a spectacular beach.

Sugar Beach is very pretty, in North Kihei - all of Kihei is only a few miles long.

If convenience is key, all those activities and walkability to things - take a look at Royal Mauian and Hale Pau Hana. Now add to that the fact that a lot of Kihei condos are across the street from the beach, it's such an easy street to cross. Kamaole Sands has some three bedroom units and most 2bdrms offer a sofa bed. Maui Kamaole is an excellent location, quiet and upscale - units are big and the grounds are beautiful.. SOme 1bd units offer a den as well as sofa bed - - you have options.

SouthMauiCondoOwners.com has listings by property sizes - but be aware you are looking at high season and a lot of places are booked out, but patience should reveal what you are looking for.

Take some time to use the search function, look at aerial overheads of properties. VRBO.com is popular, I prefer agencies - www.aliiresorts.com and aaoceanfront.com It can be a daunting task, but have fun with it.

Newbury Park...
6. Re: Need Condo Suggestions

www.chasenrainbows.com is a good site for condos in West Maui.

Alpine, Utah
7. Re: Need Condo Suggestions

Thanks to all of you so much. It is so nice to have a few options to use to start my search. Doing it from scratch seemed much to overwhelming.

8. Re: Need Condo Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 13, 2013