We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

maui in 8 days!!! any last minute suggestions??

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
maui in 8 days!!! any last minute suggestions??

we are heading out oct 4th for 6 days. the only thing we have planned is old lahaina luau and hanging out in lahaina the day of the luau. we may drive up haleakala instead of bike ride, one morning. some of the road to hana another morning/afternoon. my fiance is playing golf on friday and i will hang on the beach. we are staying at the sheraton. any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!!!

reviews: 3
1. Re: maui in 8 days!!! any last minute suggestions??

my husband and I are leaving the day after you, on the 5th of October. Are you as excited as I am? Have a great trip

Aloha

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 35
2. Re: maui in 8 days!!! any last minute suggestions??

Eat lots of Maui potato chips, pack about half what you think you will need and you will still have twice as much as you really do need....start each day with coffee on the lanai discussing he upcoming day and watching the island come to life, end each day on the lanai watching the best sunset you will ever see in your life and discussing what you did and saw that day.

boston
3. Re: maui in 8 days!!! any last minute suggestions??

i am psyched to go!!! but not to excited about the ridiculously LONG flights that lie ahead of us!!!! where are you staying? any plans you guys have set?

reviews: 3
4. Re: maui in 8 days!!! any last minute suggestions??

We are staying for 18 days. WooHoo! First six in Kahana, then upcountry to stay at the Aloha Cottage (really cool, but pricey place) and then seven nights in Kehei. The last night we are staying near Wailuku.

We have reservations for Warren & Annabelle's, the Feast at Lele and Mama's Fish House.

Brighton had posted on an earlier question I asked about what to do while there and his answer was the same about spending the mornings on the lanai and contemplating the day and spending the evenings on the lanai watching the sunset and discussing the day we just had. This is such wonderful advice. Tony and I slowed down on our planning and decided to really just let this trip happen. We want to do the Road to Hana, Haleakala, etc., but decided that we would let the trip plan itself. We're gonna be laid back and just enjoy ourselved. Can't wait

Austin, Texas
reviews: 12
5. Re: maui in 8 days!!! any last minute suggestions??

We leave October 24th - I can't believe it's this soon already. We booked this in January. We'll be there 14 days, 2 of which will be in Hana. So far we've booked a Haleakala tour, a zipline (which I'm hoping to do all in same day since the zipline is in same area) and the acccomodaions, air and car. In Hana we'll do hiking, beach and probably the Hotel Hana Maui restaurant for our anniversary dinner. The rest of the time we'll hang on the beach, cook in our suite in Lahaina and wing it. We will probably do the raft trip to Lanai to snorkle, and eat out a few times.

Think I'll need to book the Hana restaurant in advance??

Elk Rapids, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 35
6. Re: maui in 8 days!!! any last minute suggestions??

If they will let you book the reservation you should, you will only be there 2 days and I assume it is your anniversary dinner..so why take a chance of waiting? It is not like resturant reservations cost anything....give them a call and see if you can.

I would tell you to enjoy your trip (and the others going too) but I already know you will.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
reviews: 58
7. Re: maui in 8 days!!! any last minute suggestions??

We just got back a few days ago. If you aren't planning to bike down Haleakala, leave in the afternoon and do a little hiking (ala Maui Revealed) on the way up then stay for the stunning sunset. Remember it gets really cold up there so dress accordingly then put on some more clothes. Give yourselves plenty of time for Hana...don't hurry through it. While you're in Lahaina the day of the luau, go to Lapperts Ice Cream parlor and eat a double dip of Kauai Pie for me!!! Have fun.

MI
reviews: 1
8. Re: maui in 8 days!!! any last minute suggestions??

we stayed in Lahaina, and would venture out during the day to other parts of the island.. Night life in Lahaina is AWESOME... also, the old Lahaina Luau is the best there is on the island so great choice, on Haleakala, drive up, its too damn cold that early in the morning to bike such a distance and if it rains... just not fun. also need to go in the am -- best time to see Haleakala, and if you dont do anything -- You need to do the roadto Hana, the epitomy of Paradise

Tempe, Arizona
reviews: 14
9. Re: maui in 8 days!!! any last minute suggestions??

Sha1977: Since you're staying at the Sheraton, I would suggest snorkeling right off the beach of the hotel at Black Rock. We brought our own snorkel gear, but you can also rent gear for around $8/day. Also, there is a nightly cliff-diver ceremony off Black Rock. I'd recommend grabbing a spot at the pool side bar at the Sheraton, ordering up your favorite drink, and then just sit back, relax and watch the ceremony. A live musician performs before and after the ceremony as well. Aside from the cocktail, this is all free and something you can do every night. You'll have a great time!

Greeley, CO
10. Re: maui in 8 days!!! any last minute suggestions??

My only recommendation is to go EASY on the sun the first couple days and be very careful even after that.

I write this from our condo, where we sit trying to recoup after frying yesterday. Even with spf50, we cooked and now regret it.

The sun is wickedly strong here!

Have fun!