We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aina Waipio House - Huelo

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rhode Island
reviews: 2
Aina Waipio House - Huelo

Hi. I will be traveling to Maui in October. I rented a house called Aina Waipio house which is located in Huelo. Has anyone ever stayed there? Could you tell me what you thought? I also would like to know anything about Huelo. Thanks for your help

Wernersville, PA
1. Re: Aina Waipio House - Huelo

Hey.

I faced a similar question several months back while planning our September trip. I remember seeing Aina Waipio and liking it, but did not research further. I asked around on this forum and gained a sense that more help is available regarding the West, South, Hana and Haleakala, with less available regarding the North and Upcountry areas.

While Huelo certainly appears to be beautiful and there are clearly several cool-looking places to stay, from what I read on this forum and others, as well as the advice of Maui rental agents contacted, we chose Haiku because of Huelo's distance from upcountry activities.

My recommendation is you talk to a local agent or two and ask a lot of questions. After bantering and waffling for months, we finally called Maui Vacation Properties (http://www.maui.cc/vaccommodations.html) and worked with Cathy. She lives in Haiku and was familiar with many properties in the area including some not even on their list.

Good luck!

Austin, Texas
reviews: 6
2. Re: Aina Waipio House - Huelo

Aloha!

I stayed a long week at Aina Waipio two years ago (April 03) and it was absolutely dreamy. Everything in the pictures from the site was exactly how the house was. The privacy is amazing. I cannot think of ONE negative thing about staying there with the exception that if you are a beach person, know beforehand that it is a considerable drive to get to one. But if you're like me and you want privacy, tropical jungle, and views, views, views. Aina Waipio has it ALL. The deck and hot tub are amazing and the garden next to it very lush. It's like a private resort.

No, I don't own it or have a stake in it! :D It's just a beautiful place.

Rhode Island
3. Re: Aina Waipio House - Huelo

Thanks for your replies everyone.

Wicked Wahine: Thanks for your report. I am very much looking forward to staying there. We are also spending 7 days on Kauai at the Marriott Kauai Beach Club so I think we will have plenty of beach time there. I am going for my honeymoon - my fiance is more of a beach person and I'm more of a tropical garden person so we can have the best of both worlds! Thanks again!

Rhode Island
4. Re: Aina Waipio House - Huelo

bump

houston
5. Re: Aina Waipio House - Huelo

Hi, we are planning to stay at Aina Waipio in March and would love to know what you thought!

Leslee

Green Bay
6. Re: Aina Waipio House - Huelo

My wife and I will be staying at Aina Waipio this October. Please reply and let us know how you liked it in October 2005. Thanks.

Rhode Island
7. Re: Aina Waipio House - Huelo

My husband and I very much enjoyed staying at the house. It is a beautiful house and it is located right on the Hana Highway. It is a drive to get to a restaruant so plan ahead and stop for groceries while you are out. Everything you could possibly need will be there waiting for you. They even had beach chairs that you can take to the beach. The flowers and fruit trees in the yard will take your breath away. The deck is wonderful to sit on and just enjoy the birds singing. We saw rainbow's almost every morning! I really think you will enjoy your stay as much as we did!