We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pilikia or other locals, question for you!

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Molokai, Hawaii
reviews: 7
pilikia or other locals, question for you!

someone asked a question in the thread dealing with the ferry which has rougher rides in the summer, and why the ocean on the south shores is calmer in the winter, yet the beaches are being eroded on the south shores more in the winter than in the summer.

all i could think of is run-off from the mountains in winter as it rains more then. can anyone tell me what is the factor in this?

Oakland, California
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
reviews: 27
1. Re: pilikia or other locals, question for you!

sorry- I peeked in here despite my lack of expertise! But I have a feeling this is a good question for hawaiidan.

Kihei, Hawaii
2. Re: pilikia or other locals, question for you!

The simple answer is seasonal shifting longshore and nearshore ocean currents. We actually are seeing more permanent erosion on north shore beaches. The seasonal shift of sands we see at Ka`anapali is referred to as erosion/accretion, or, essentialy, it comes and goes. I have an appointment right now, but if no one else addresses this before I get back I'll explain it all later.

LA/OC
reviews: 2
3. Re: pilikia or other locals, question for you!

Huh?

Hale, where was this poster you read from? Or I need new glasses?

mahalo,

V...

Molokai, Hawaii
4. Re: pilikia or other locals, question for you!

the poster you asked about was budweiser

Molokai, Hawaii
5. Re: pilikia or other locals, question for you!

paradise treker, sorry i was in the middle of stuff, the post you asked about is "molokai to maui", which i bumped up. thanks