We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need Suggestions on West Maui Sunset Wedding Location

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cincinnati, Ohio
reviews: 3
Need Suggestions on West Maui Sunset Wedding Location

HELP!!! Any suggestions on a location that is reasonably priced for a sunset wedding on Sunday, August 28, 2005 along the ocean but not on the wet sand, maybe a cliff overlooking or a grassy knoll???? Also, easy to walk to as my 78 year old mother will be with us??? Thanks!

Michigan
1. Re: Need Suggestions on West Maui Sunset Wedding Location

The Best Western in Kihei has a very nice restaurant there and beautiful sunsets on the beach. The beach is probally 20 steps form the hotel. There were actually 2 weddings on the beach our first night there. Let me know if you wold like to see pictures of the sunset. I have many form that beach and would send them to you.

Cincinnati, Ohio
2. Re: Need Suggestions on West Maui Sunset Wedding Location

Thanks Nikdia- but I'm not wanting to be directly on the sand- is this location directly on the sand??? Your photos would be appreciated.....my e-mail is cincinnatipatty@hotmail.com

calif
3. Re: Need Suggestions on West Maui Sunset Wedding Location

OK, so you asked for any suggestions. You referred to your 78 year old mother needing easy access to a location, my suggestion would be Napili Bay. You can go to the AlohaCondos.com web site. There are pictures of a couple being married on that beach. I think this would be easy access for your mother, and also a nice place to say your vows. I am referring to the beach at the Napili Kai Beach Resort right by the Sea House restaurant.

I KU MAU MAU
4. Re: Need Suggestions on West Maui Sunset Wedding Location

".....maybe a cliff overlooking or a grassy knoll???? "

This has Kapalua Bay Hotel all over it! Grassy knoll on a bluff with incredible ocean views in the background. A plus is the awesome view of Moloka'i too!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5. Re: Need Suggestions on West Maui Sunset Wedding Location

Pilikia-

Thanks for your suggestion of Kapalua Bay Hotel..... On a Trip Advisor sight I read, a former bride five years ago quoted $500 to use this facility and it did sound perfect and convenient to our hotel at the Sheraton.

But I called them and was VERY disappointed when they stated $3,000 for their site only! Marriott bought this property to tear it down and they stated that their rate was lower than it use to be! I think that $3,000 to use a site for maybe 30 minutes with only 4 of us is ridiculous..... But I guess the sandy beach below this site is "public" and might be a possibility. I've tried to find out if any of this area is "public"- the cliff, grassy knoll and all but to no avail... since you live in Maui do you know if there is public access and any of that area can be used for free? Or for a nominal fee can a wedding planner book this cliff, grassy sight? We are being married by a courtroom judge and my boyfriend is an attorney....so I do not want to break any trespassing laws on my wedding day!!!! No beautiful sight is worth that "disaster waiting to happen"!!!!

los angeles
reviews: 2
6. Re: Need Suggestions on West Maui Sunset Wedding Location

I'm also getting married on maui...august 19. I don't know about any locations in west maui that have a grassy area overlooking the beach...but there is maluaka beach park in South maui...thats probably where we are getting married..it's also a grassy area overlooking the beach...and it's free! My fiance and I are trying to keep costs to a minimum so this sounds like a good choice, but if you find something else let me know...I'm interested!

birmingham, al
reviews: 26
7. Re: Need Suggestions on West Maui Sunset Wedding Location

Hi Cin: It wasn't a cliff but while having lunch at Mamma's Fish House, there was a very intimate wedding going out right outside beachside. Know it may sound strange but this is an awesome atmosphere. The bride and her groom were gorgeous, she in a white wedding gown and him in some sorta hawaiian shirt and slacks. They eventually came inside and all had a champange toast to one another and then lunch, (which is excellent at Mamma's ). It really is beautiful scenary there and it had to make for incredible wedding photos.

BTW, there is an overnight Inn there also. Looks very cozy and romantic.

Mission Kansas
8. Re: Need Suggestions on West Maui Sunset Wedding Location

Tracy, When we went to Mama's I immediately thought that it would make the perfect setting for a wedding. I wonder if they had to pay to use it? And I also was wondering about the Inn there, its on the other side of the private home of the Mama's owners isn't it?

Cin, you might check Mamas Fish House online website, and see if there is any info on it about weddings, or give them a call, they are very helpful on the phone. The setting is about the most beautiful I have ever seen.

Maryland
reviews: 36
9. Re: Need Suggestions on West Maui Sunset Wedding Location

Airport Beach is pretty and clean. I was married there. The only problem now is to the right, the Marriott is building timeshares, so there is construction. If you walk either direction the construction will be out of sight. It is free.

Mission Kansas
10. Re: Need Suggestions on West Maui Sunset Wedding Location

Nanmar, its is a pretty beach but often used by kids at night and we found signs of campouts etc, on many morning walks. Also, she needs a grassy knoll, did you find one there or get married directly on the sand?