We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendation for best romantic restaurant in South Maui?

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
PA/USA
Recommendation for best romantic restaurant in South Maui?

We will be going to Maui in September and are staying at the Maui Prince Hotel in Makena. Our First night there is our anniversary and my husbands birthday. I want a nice place with good food and views. I dont think we will want to travel much to get to a restaurant that first night since we will be very tired from our trip. The three places that I am choosing from is Tommy Bahamas, Sea Watch and Humuhumunakunukuapuaa's. Any recommendations from any of you on any of these. Or if you know of other places that are in the area that you would recommend that would be great. Thanks...

Maui, Hawaii
reviews: 6
1. Re: Recommendation for best romantic restaurant in South Maui?

Aloha!

Tommy Bahamas has good food, used to have a good view. There is construction going on in front of it. Also it can be rather lively and quite loud. But again the food is yummy.

Seawatch has great views! It is on a golf course in Wailea. It is fairly quiet too. I would make reservations (ask for Lanai seating) . The food is really good too. It's a great place for brunch too!

I have not been to Humu's personally but it seems popular. My 12 year old has been there and he really liked it. The have a big fish pond. I have heard the views are good , but I have not been there myself.

Aloha :)

Washington DC...
reviews: 113
2. Re: Recommendation for best romantic restaurant in South Maui?

I would also like to recommend Sorento's on the Beach in Kihei at the Maui Oceanfront Inn (it's a Best Western). It is an Italian restaurant with excellent food, a good wine list, and a stunning view of the water and sunset. We ate their on our honeymoon at really enjoyed it.

Tommy Bahama's is also very good (excellent drinks and dessert). We ate there on our first night in Maui and were not dissapointed.

LA/OC
reviews: 2
3. Re: Recommendation for best romantic restaurant in South Maui?

Best if you go to Five Palms Beach Grill at the Fairmont Kea Lani or Seawatch in Wailea. Tommy Bahamas is fine, but I figure you traveled all these miles to eat at places other than national chain foods. Avoid Humuhumu's and Kimcha's at the Grand Wailea. They're both junk and a ripoff. Meaning... the food portions and it's taste, is not worth the price you are paying. Even the eats at the Maui Prince I would recommend over the Grand Wailea's. Technically The Plantation House is not in South Maui, but I would highly recommend them in do eating there too.

Kihei, Hawaii
4. Re: Recommendation for best romantic restaurant in South Maui?

Capische? is the total package--amazing food, great view, imtimate, romatic ambiance

California
reviews: 1
5. Re: Recommendation for best romantic restaurant in South Maui?

I second the Capiche vote. It's Romantic, has an incredible view, wonderful food and only 5 or 6 tables so the service is second to none. Kinda pricey but well woth it. I had the Kona raised organic Filet and Spiney Lobster combo.

You will not be disappointed !!!

USA
reviews: 1
6. Re: Recommendation for best romantic restaurant in South Maui?

Sorento's in Kihei or Spago at the Four Seasons cant be beat in that area. Sorento's is very secluded and the service is outstanding. Spago is....well just Spago but its in Maui at the best hotel in Maui. Its for sure worth a visit. I agree with the previous post about the food choices at Grand Wailea. I have stayed there multiple times and can't say I ever enjoyed the food, but it is a beautiful setting. I think if I had to choose one, it would be Spago.

PA/USA
7. Re: Recommendation for best romantic restaurant in South Maui?

Thanks everyone for the responses. We made reservations at Sea Watch.. I cant wait to be there. UGHHHH almost 3 months to wait.