We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who has been or who is planning on a trip to Maui

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
washington state
reviews: 4
Who has been or who is planning on a trip to Maui

I am just curious who has been to Maui and when your last trip was and or who is planning a trip to Maui.

1. Re: Who has been or who is planning on a trip to Maui

Hi Hula, glad to see you're still on here. I travelled to Maui in the 80's 3 times. Loved it. Now I'm planning my wedding and honeymoon for August.

I enjoy your posts as they are helpful, informative and funny, like the group of 'regulars'.

Hey, maybe that new BudWeinie person is planning a trip to Maui?

Mission Kansas
2. Re: Who has been or who is planning on a trip to Maui

Gingerbird, I cant imagine a more perfect place for a wedding than on Maui. Is yours a destination wedding where family and friends are joining you? I wish a family member would do that and SOON!

Hope the plans are going smoothly!

3. Re: Who has been or who is planning on a trip to Maui

Maui - my parents, his mom, my 2 kids, his 1 kid and my sister are all going. It's getting closer and I continue to stay excited reading everyone's posts on this forum. We plan to marry on the beach and then go somewhere for dinner. Any suggestions? BTW, I enjoy your posts too, very funny!

Maui
4. Re: Who has been or who is planning on a trip to Maui

I am leaving for Maui next week for a month. I've been there many times. I was there last Dec., Jan., and Feb. That was when I signed on Trip Advisor. I'm going again in October and again in the winter.

Gingerbird, my daughter, was married 3 years ago on the beach. It was not only beautiful but a memory to last a life time. Why don't you consider having a caterer cater a dinner for you on a park next to the beach after your wedding?

hula40, I enjoy everyone's exchanges here on Maui Forums. I read them but don't usually reply unless I have something to contribute.

Chico girl don't give up because of one or two people. Stay the course!

Sparwood, B.C.
5. Re: Who has been or who is planning on a trip to Maui

For the first time ever, my husband and I are going to Maui in January. Our two grown daughters will be coming with us. I can hardly wait after hearing everyone's favourable comments on this forum.

Gilbert
reviews: 2
6. Re: Who has been or who is planning on a trip to Maui

We've made several trips to Maui, Kauai, & the Big Isle since our honeymoon in 1996. We're heading back to Maui this July - yet it feels like it'll be a whole new experience since we're staying 2 nights in Hana, and then the rest of the time in Wailea (vs. where we usually stay up near Ka'anapali & Kapalua).

California
reviews: 3
7. Re: Who has been or who is planning on a trip to Maui

AZ and MauiV, you interested in a short get-together in Maui in July? Just to say hello, and for laughs and giggles.

AZ, Are you going to do some SCUBA? I'll be looking for a dive partner as my wife doesn't dive.

Venture

Pitt Meadows, Canada
reviews: 22
8. Re: Who has been or who is planning on a trip to Maui

I've been to Oahu twice, Kauai once and Maui 3 times. Maui is my favorite and we are returning in September.

Our son got married in Maui 6 years ago. 45 of us from B.C. tagged along and that had to be the best and nicest wedding I've been to.

They got married on the beach at the Grand Wailea. They hadn't reserved any place for dinner until we all got to Maui and then we went and made arrangements at the The Wailea Golf Course. Basically it was a dinner reservation for 45 but because they knew it was a wedding they set up tables on the lawn for us completely separate from the rest of the restaurant. You can imagine the gorgeous view and sunset from there. It couldn't have been a more wonderful wedding if it had been planned for a year.

9. Re: Who has been or who is planning on a trip to Maui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:25 am, July 21, 2005
Mission Kansas
10. Re: Who has been or who is planning on a trip to Maui

Ginger, There are so many wonderful resturants to choose from so I wouldnt know where to start but your wedding party sounds perfect, family should always be a part of it if possible! Have you all picked the beach yet? My husband and I have discussed maybe renewing our vows there and would love to know what beach would be romantic and private.