We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

care for elderly parents at hotels/resorts?

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
berkeley.CA
care for elderly parents at hotels/resorts?

I am taking care of my Mother after the death of my Father - she has severe mobility problems and can neither see nor hear all that well, but is generally still alert when engaged inconversation. Anyone know of any hotels - resort destination or otherwise - who provide care for such elderly parents while the adult children and grandchildren are off during the day?

kohala coast, hawaii
reviews: 31
1. Re: care for elderly parents at hotels/resorts?

aloha perfect - I don't think there's anything like that on Maui, but the Big Island has a wonderful independent retirement community with assisted living facilties/staff, if needed. it's called the Regency at Hualalai - phone number is 808-329-7878. they have some furnished apartments for short term rentals. I don't think the young kids can stay there, but you could check....good luck..

Washington
reviews: 9
2. Re: care for elderly parents at hotels/resorts?

I know that some of the hotels have day care for kids available by special arrangement. Perhaps the hotel management where you stay might have someone willing to "be there". If she needs special care for the bathroom or things like that, you might contact a nursing home or extended care facility and see if there is someone licensed who might want to make extra $ on the side...

Maui
reviews: 1
3. Re: care for elderly parents at hotels/resorts?

There's a "Maui Adult Day Care" center, I think it is in Kahului. They offer care for elderly or disabled adults. You might want to look them up.

Corona, California
reviews: 32
4. Re: care for elderly parents at hotels/resorts?

I'm going to be in Maui in July and everyone has recommended "The Nanny Connection" for my children. I was just reading their website www.thenannyconnection.com and in the FAQ's it states that they care for children of all ages and sometimes older persons in special circumstances. You could give them a call and ask (808)875-4777. They come directly to your hotel room or condo, a very reputable company recommended by most of the resorts. Good luck!

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 4
5. Re: care for elderly parents at hotels/resorts?

I knew I had seen something alone those lines....

here is a link to the senior "daycare" program in Maui. They have three locations (Kahului, Lahaina, and Kihei) and charge $38.50 per day for care.

http://www.mauiadultdaycare.com/