We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help, First Timer Maui with Kids Please read on...

Which Maui hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
dc
reviews: 1
Help, First Timer Maui with Kids Please read on...

This will be our first time to Maui. Our kids are elementary school age. We are looking for a great hotel or condo and all the ideas for activities and meals you would be so kind to share. Also, should we island-hop? If so, where...

Chicago, Illinois
1. Re: Help, First Timer Maui with Kids Please read on...

How long are you coming for and when? What kind of things do you like doing? Site seeing, snorkeling, hiking, playing on beach? What price point are you looking for: budget, moderate, luxury?

Lake Tahoe
2. Re: Help, First Timer Maui with Kids Please read on...

my top three recommendations for you are beach, beach and beach.

picnic lunches and a styrofoam cooler will keep them fed as they're llikely to play on the beach ALL day. make sure to protect their skin (there are now some cool looking surfer sunshirts that they'll likely enjoy.

i would island hop if you have one week at each place, if not, you can't go wrong with just being on Maui.

Hana roadtrip and sunrise on the crater are great adventures on their own, but grade-school kids might not be totally enthralled (please keep hate mail to a minimum if you disagree and your kids liked these adventures).

have a great time!

Plano, Texas
reviews: 23
3. Re: Help, First Timer Maui with Kids Please read on...

With that age kids, your family would probably enjoy a hotel with a great pool and water slides, as well as the beach. Check out the Grand Wailea Resort for fun pools and water slides. There are several other hotels with great pools: Marriott, possibly Hyatt. Check out their websites for specifics. I cannot recall all of them.

I agree that a long road trip may not keep kids that age interested. A fun luau with a fire dancer may do the trick.

4. Re: Help, First Timer Maui with Kids Please read on...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, August 16, 2009