We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changes on Lana`i - Jeep rentals

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 26
Changes on Lana`i - Jeep rentals

Just an FYI regarding Jeep rentals on Lana`i. For an island that doesn't have too many changes (which is good) there is a change for Adventure Lana`i Ecocentre. Michelle is no longer with the business, and since she is who made them work so well, I can no longer recommend ALE for Jeep rentals.

Lana`i still has Dollar Rent-a-Car for Jeeps I would go with them since they have been consistent and reliable.

I have not rented from the new Hummer business, but they have had some good reviews recently.

Please do not let this change affect your interest in this very special island.

-DrV

pennsyvania
reviews: 28
31. Re: Changes on Lana`i - Jeep rentals

Update to ALE credit... they applied the credit on May 11th. they made good with my request. they still have not called me back nor responded to my e-mails. Hmmm. They are probably upset with me.

Caddyshackman, you are funny!!!! We drive a Yukon XL and tired of paying for the fuel!!!! I hear that the Hummers get better gas mileage than the Yukon anyway.

Now I have a different problem!!! Mendes Ranch charged me 3 times for a trail ride that I booked for June 18th!!!! over 1000.00$$ And my hair salon accidentally charged me 122.00 on top of my 50.00 hair charge!!! whats up!D!!!!

djb :) 24 more days till Maui and Lana' i!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lanai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 36
32. Re: Changes on Lana`i - Jeep rentals

That is really good news djb! Thanks for the update. I am excited for you. :)

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 26
33. Re: Changes on Lana`i - Jeep rentals

That is good news, well except for the ranch and hair salon. That shows how important it is to look at your credit card statements.

pennsyvania
reviews: 28
34. Re: Changes on Lana`i - Jeep rentals

Very important to look at your credit card... Back in March someone got a hold of our credit card number and tried charging on-line and was caught within 5-10 minutes of charging. They called me in that time frame. Since that happened we check our credit card very closely and that is how we saw the two extra charges from Mendes Ranch. We use our credit card for everything to receive the perks coming back to us.

Everything is good to go now. All credits are in place, no worries only 22 more days, can't come soon enough! Daughter is pretty much packed! Think she is excited?

35. Re: Changes on Lana`i - Jeep rentals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 pm, June 19, 2013