We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Changes at the Dining Room at FS Lodge at Koele

Which Lanai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 26
Changes at the Dining Room at FS Lodge at Koele

Aloha Lana`i fans,

I just saw in the Lana`i monthly newspaper an ad for a "new Dining Room menu". This is the more formal restaurant at the Lodge. I am always skeptical about changes to a good thing, but this seems overall OK, but I am not sure about a few things. Here is exactly what the ad says:

<<Exciting news from The Dining Room at The Lodge at Koele! We invite you to experience the new menu created by Chef de Cuisine Junior Ulep featuring rustic cuisine prepared with local Hawaiian ingredients.

A four-course tasting menu is offered nightly, along with an optional wine pairing.

Appetizers:

Kona Crab and Cognac Bisque, Crispy Veal Sweet Breads, Waimea Heirloom Tomato Salad, and Lava Rock-Seared Venison

Main Courses:

Black Pepper-Crusted Hawaiian Ahi, Colorado Rack of Lanb, Keahole Lobster, Duck Breast, and Grass Fed Wagyu Beef Steaks

Desserts:

New Style Chocolate Tart, Pineapple Creme Brulee, Souffle, and Cheese Selection.>>

Now if that is all, I only count 3 courses. They always did an amuse bouche, but that is supposed to be extra and complimentary.

I also do not know if they will have any other choices, or whether one can order ala carte.

At least they still have the souffles!

So when anyone eats there in the future, please post a review and let us know on the forum what you think. Mahalo!

-DrV

Moraga, California
reviews: 79
1. Re: Changes at the Dining Room at FS Lodge at Koele

I will be there July 11th. I can't wait. I already know what I will order.

Thanks DrV

2. Re: Changes at the Dining Room at FS Lodge at Koele

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, October 06, 2012