We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights to Lanai

Jersey City, New...
reviews: 65
Flights to Lanai

A one way flight from Kona to Lanai is about $265 per person. Is it me or is that just ridiculous?

Jersey City, New...
11. Re: Flights to Lanai

In addition to the airfare, each airline charges $10 per bag, so that adds another $80 on to this one way trip.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
reviews: 6
12. Re: Flights to Lanai

Aloha,

Swapping Maui to the start might be a good plan. You can check and see whether you'd be charged a drop fee on the rental car for dropping on the West side. Often, they don't charge for "that" direction, because they need to shuttle cars to the West side pretty often.

A shuttle for four, at about 75 (with tax and tip in) would be easy to arrange from the Harbor to OGG.

Or.........not to "dis" Lana'i-just go over for the day and spend your time on Maui.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 26
13. Re: Flights to Lanai

I like the idea of changing the order to BI - Maui - Lana`i.

Of course my biased opinion is to not miss Lana`i. But it really depends on what you are looking for on your vacation. Three islands really adds to traveling time. Here is a link to some info on things to do on Lana`i and you can decide for yourself:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29219-c2257/Lanai:Ha…

Have fun planning your trip!

arkansas
reviews: 16
14. Re: Flights to Lanai

I completely agree with BI-Maui-Lanai. Rent the car at OGG airport and return to Kaanapali, then take a shuttle from the ferry back to the OGG on the way home. I have made the flight-shuttle-'catch the last ferry' trip to Lanai and I won't do that again. Either you allow for buffer time time between legs and waste a whole day, or you risk getting caught 'stranded'.

Jersey City, New...
15. Re: Flights to Lanai

Thanks all,

I ended up getting a decent rate to Lanai using SWMARKET's suggestion of going from BI to Oahu to Lanai. The only drawback is that we leave at 7:00 a.m. and arrive at 10:25, but then again we'll be getting our full day's worth at the Four Seasons.

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
reviews: 6
16. Re: Flights to Lanai

Aloha,

Glad I could help! Have a great time.

Edina, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Lanai
reviews: 26
17. Re: Flights to Lanai

Great, it sounds like you have it worked out. Have a wonderful trip!

Edited: 3:35 pm, May 07, 2011
18. Re: Flights to Lanai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, October 29, 2012