We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maui or Kauai?

Which Kauai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Maui or Kauai?

Hello all!

We will be traveling to Hawaii in Oct. 07 for 2 weeks... we plan on spending a week on Oahu, and can't decide between Maui and Kauai for the other week. We want to stick to just 2 islands for a couple reason...1) we don't want to waste time at airports, and 2) we will be using Marriott points and staying in one place for a week is the most efficient use of them.

We are in our late 20's, we want some nightlfe, but we can probably satisfy that in Waikiki, so that isn't a big deal. Other than that, I think we mainly want to lay on the beach, hike, golf and maybe try kayaking and scuba diving.

Any suggestions on which would be the better choice?

Healy, Alaska
Destination Expert
for Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
reviews: 31
1. Re: Maui or Kauai?

Aloha Norman T! I just bumped a post titled "honeymoon help" It's all about Kauai . . . I have been to both Kauai and Maui and while I had fun on Maui, I much prefer Kauai. I hope that helps with your decision. :)

2. Re: Maui or Kauai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:29 am, August 26, 2009