We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kalaheo eats?

Which Kauai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
reviews: 12
Kalaheo eats?

We'll be getting to Kauai in mid-September after a few days on the Big Island. This will be our 2nd trip. Staying a few days in a B&B in Hanalei, then a few more in a B&B in Kalaheo. Where to eat in Kalaheo? Brick Oven Pizza has been mentioned, but we eat plenty of pizza at home. When we travel we like to do stuff that we can't do at home.

San Francisco
reviews: 10
1. Re: Kalaheo eats?

2 good choices

Pomodoro (Italian)

Kalaheo Steak House

Both have been around for years for a reason. We stay in Kalaheo a lot, and frequent these places. Check reviews on this site.

Hot Springs Vlg., AR
Destination Expert
for Kauai
reviews: 58
2. Re: Kalaheo eats?

We like to do the Pomodoro in Kalaheo -- nice Italian place. Other than that, we generally drive down to Koloa or Poipu -- lots of good places there.

Omaha, Nebraska
reviews: 4
3. Re: Kalaheo eats?

We didn't make it to the Brick Oven for pizza and I see that you feel you get plenty at home but can you get lomi lomi salmon pizza at home. If you venture a little further west to Waimea which you will if you go to the canyon at the end of the steakhouse on your left coming into town is a little pizza joint. I have to admit it sounded different but tasted great worth the drive.

San Antonio, Texas
4. Re: Kalaheo eats?

I second the pizza place next to Wrangler's Steakhouse. It's not your typical pizza and it's the best I've EVER had! It can get a little hot inside the building but you can sit on the porch and eat. It was enjoyable to eat there and watch others pass by on their way to the canyon or back. I highly reccommend this place....wish I could remember the name of it.

Victoria, British...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Kalaheo eats?

Hmmm? We've eaten at the Kalaheo Steakhouse with a local a couple of times, and although the food is reasonably good; I would prepare myself for very basic decor and service.

Also; be prepared to wait outside until the doors open at 6:00 p.m.

My suggestion: Keoki's is about a 10 minute drive to the Poipu Shopping center. It has a much better ambience, perkier waiters, and the food is better. Amazingly it is also a bit cheaper than the Kalaheo Steakhouse! Just make reservations. A good idea is to make them for 5:00 p.m and ask for a table by the waterfall.

The Brick oven was also not bad.

Had lunch at the Kalaheo Coffee Company and cafe. Now this place has it going!!! Excellent food, and coffee. Heard the breakfasts are good. Don't know about dinner. It is relatively new and owned by a chef.

6. Re: Kalaheo eats?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, August 12, 2009